Donor Name: Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF)
Funding name: ASEF Cultural Mobility Initiative 2017 Mobility First
Funding brief: Cultural mobility, whether for work, co-production or participation in a seminar or residency, is integral to the practice and career of artists and cultural professionals in Asia and Europe. However, securing funding to finance international travel (for touring shows, residencies, exploratory visits, collaborations etc.) remains a major challenge for most artists, particularly in the Asia-Asia and Asia-Europe contexts. In particular, ensuring balanced bi-directional (i. e travel from Asia to Europe as well as from Europe to Asia) and reciprocal (i.e. adequate funding for incoming and outgoing mobility) mobility remains a challenge.
It is in this context that the Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) is launching Mobility First!, a new fund to support the travel of Asian and European artists and cultural professionals between Asia and Europe.
● Participation in workshops, conferences, festivals, biennales, networking sessions
● Participation in artists’/writers’ residencies
● Participation in culture-related training
● ‘Go and see’ or short-term exploration visits
● Participation in practice-led research
● Participation in partner meeting/s for exchanges and collaboration (to set up new cross-border collaborations)
● Participation in transnational networks (to sustain and/or widen existing networks)
Deadline: The deadline for 2017 applications is 15th, September, 2017.
Funding details link: http://www.asef.org/projects/themes/culture/4176-mobility-first
● Currently, the selection criteria for Mobility First! prioritises cultural mobility from Asia to Europe; from Europe to Asia; and, within Asia. All travel must be international.
● Successful applicants will be given up to a maximum of Singapore Dollars (SGD) 2,000 for for travel from Asia to Europe or Europe to Asia.
● Successful applicants will be given up to a maximum of Singapore Dollars (SGD) 1,000 for for travel within Asia.
● Additional funding is available for people with disabilities and special needs.
● Applications for Round 4 is ongoing. They encourage applications for events commencing in October/November. The results for Round 4 will be published on this page on 07 August 2017.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: As below
● They invite applications from individuals and arts organizations at least 10 weeks in advance of the event for which mobility support is being sought. Selection is through competitive open calls – please refer to the documents section of this page for the Call.
● Individuals & organizations actively involved in the field of arts & culture who are eligible as per following guidelines:
● Artists & cultural professionals from any artistic genre (such as visual arts, performing arts, film, heritage etc.) may apply.
● Artists are defined as those directly involved in the production of artworks in any genre of the arts.
● Cultural professionals are defined as others working in the field of arts & culture such as curators, arts writers (including critics), arts managers, researchers etc.
● Applicants should be citizens of member countries of the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM)3 and seek support for travel within the ASEM region.
● Applicants may seek travel support to participate in any of the 7 types of eligible activities listed below in the section on What types of activities are supported?
● Cultural organizations may apply to become ASEF’s partners; selected organizations will co-select individuals who will receive support to attend specific events organized by the partner (e.g. arts festivals, conferences). Selected partner organizations are expected organize the event as well as provide selected persons with local contacts and context. For example, an arts organization organizing a photography festival may wish to apply to Mobility First! and together with ASEF, will co-select 4 photographers who will be given ASEF’s support to be present at the festival.
● Cultural organizations that operate in any artistic or cultural genre may apply. Non profit arts organizations will be prioritized.
● Cultural organizations should be based in any of the ASEM member countries and operating in the ASEM region (nationally or bi-regionally)
● Organizations should be applying for travel support for individuals to participate in any of the 7 types of eligible activities listed below in the section on What types of activities are supported?
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Guideline: http://www.asef.org/images/docs/ASEF%20mobility%20first%20open%20call.pdf
● FAQ: http://www.asef.org/images/docs/ASEF%20mobility%20first%20FAQ.pdf
How to apply:
● Individuals should complete the online application form at: https://asefculture.formstack.com/forms/applicationform
● Organizations should complete the online application form at: https://asefculture.formstack.com/forms/applicationformorg
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh