Donor Name: The United States Agency for International Development in Bangladesh (USAID)
Funding name: YouthPower Action: Integrated Workforce Development and Sexual and Reproductive Health Activity Fund
RFA No. 102074 RFA_003
Funding brief: The goal of this Request for Applications (RFA) is to build evidence on what works in youth integrated, cross-sectoral programming to achieve better Workforce Development (WfD) and Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) outcomes. This RFA builds on recent research conducted by YouthPower Action that assessed programs that integrated SRH and WfD. The research identified key features of effective integrated programs which was used to develop a theory of change. This RFA solicits applications from prospective applicants to implement a youth program consistent with that theory of change that can be compared to single sector approaches. YouthPower Action will conduct impact and process evaluations of the winning grant program(s) to help USAID understand whether there is a higher return on investment (e.g. in terms of SRH and WfD outcomes) by implementing integrated programs relative to a single sector focus.
This RFA is issued as a public notice to ensure that all interested, qualified and eligible US and Non-US organizations legally registered for business have a fair opportunity to submit applications for funding.
Deadline: August 10, 2017; by17:00 hours (EST).
Funding details link: http://solicitations.fhi360.org/Solicitation.aspx
Funding limit: The total value of the grant awarded under this RFA will not exceed USD $500,000. YouthPower Action may decide to award one or multiple awards or no awards.
Project start date: September 15, 2017; Start date is subject to change.
Project duration: The estimated time for the project is 12-24 months depending upon the length of the interventions necessary to generate desired outcomes.
Eligible organization: As below
● Applicants may currently be implementing integrated WfD and SRH interventions, or may be implementing single-sector WfD or SRH interventions and seeking to incorporate other integrated program elements that were identified in the assessment report.
● Organizations can cooperate to apply but one organization must be the lead and the grant holder.
Submission mail: YouthPowerAction@fhi360.org
Other important link:
● USAID Family Planning and Reproductive Health (FP/RH) Priority Country: https://www.usaid.gov/what-we-do/global-health/family-planning/countries#priority ● Guideline: http://solicitations.fhi360.org/Files/102074%20RFA%20003-YouthPower%20Action-Integrated%20SRH%20WkF-Modification%20No.%201-07.06.17_636349564351513173.docx
● Budget template: http://solicitations.fhi360.org/Files/Annex%20A-Subaward%20Budget%20Template_636340957673942200.xlsx
● Form: http://solicitations.fhi360.org/Files/Annex%20B-AID1420-17_636340957675658167.doc
How to apply:
● Submission of applications (including technical applications and budgets) via email to YouthPowerAction@fhi360.org .
● Emailed submissions must contain the subject line “[your organization] – USAID YouthPower Action – Integrated WfD and SRH Activity”
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh