Donor Name: Teach A Man To Fish
Funding name: The School Enterprise Challenge, 2017
Funding brief: The School Enterprise Challenge, run by Teach A Man To Fish, is a global business start-up Awards Programme for schools around the world with up to $50,000 in prizes available for the most entrepreneurial schools, teachers and students.
This free Awards Programme guides and supports teachers and students to plan and set up real, sustainable school businesses. Students get the chance to gain hands-on experience of running a real business and generate real profits to help support their school or a social cause of their choice.
Schools have set up an amazing variety of businesses. In 2016, 5265 schools from 106 countries registered to take part and the businesses participants set up ranged from fly fishing in Belize, to an inter-schools newspaper in India and a car wash in South Africa.
The Awards Programme is FREE and helps students plan and set up school-based enterprises that:
● Generate real profits to help support their educational activities.
● Give students the chance to gain hands-on experience of running a real business.
● Are sustainable, and will grow and develop every year.
Deadline: Each Award level is divided into three similar steps: Business Idea, Business Plan and Annual Report. Depending on your Award level your school will be doing each of these three steps to different levels of intensity.
● STEP 1: Students think of a business idea for a school enterprise and submit it to us. (Do so within 4 weeks of registering and they could win a prize!)
● STEP 2: Students develop a business plan for a school enterprise. Submit it to us by 11th August 2017 and they will receive feedback on their plan and be entered into our prize draw!
● STEP 3: Students launch and run a REAL school enterprise for at least 3 months, getting practical business experience and generating real income! Students then submit an Annual Report to us by 30th November 2017 updating us on their business. There are many prizes available at this stage for those that submit on time! Additionally, schools that complete all 3 steps and meet our minimum criteria will also earn an Award Level!
Funding details link: http://www.schoolenterprisechallenge.org
Funding limit: This year, with their new Awards programme, every school will have the opportunity to earn their Award Level certificate. They will also continue to reward the most enterprising schools, students and teachers with a range of cash prizes, conference places, laptops and cameras. They have a total prize fund of $50,000 (USD) to give away to schools!
The School Enterprise Challenge opens in February and runs all year round! It is divided into three Award levels: Bronze, Silver and Gold (Gold coming in 2018). Your entry level on the Awards programme will be based on your experience running a school business.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: Schools around the world
Eligibility: As above
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Guideline: http://www.schoolenterprisechallenge.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/School-Enterprise-Challenge-2017-Information-Pack-final-deadlines-and-prize-list.pdf
● Register: http://www.schoolenterprisechallenge.org/join/registration-form-2017/
How to apply: Interested applicant may register from the website (http://www.schoolenterprisechallenge.org/join/registration-form-2017/).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh