Donor Name: Standards and Trade Development Facility (STDF)
Funding name: Project Preparation Grants (PPGs)
Funding brief: STDF provides support to developing countries through project preparation grants (PPGs) to prepare technically sound and sustainable projects.
Deadline: 04th, August, 2017
Funding details link: http://www.standardsfacility.org/project-preparation-grants
● An amount of up to US$50,000 may be requested under a PPG. The PPG application should include a reasonable budget for all the activities to be carried out. The budget may include consultancies, travel, costs of organizing stakeholder workshops, etc.
● The size of the budget requested should depend on the scope of activities and outputs envisaged under the PPG. For PPGs focused on project development, a budget of up to US$30,000 should normally be adequate.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: STDF projects should have a maximum duration of three years, or less. Funding is not available for follow-on phases of STDF projects. Project grants should be contracted within twelve months of approval.
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: The following organizations are eligible to apply for STDF funding:
● Public sector entities (including regional or international bodies) with responsibility for SPS measures or policy, either in their own right or in cooperation with the private sector. The STDF encourages implementation of projects and activities through public-private partnerships;
● Private sector entities, either in their own right or in cooperation with the public sector. Examples of private sector entities are legally registered farmers’ organizations, trade and industry associations, and private enterprises;
● Non-profit non-governmental organizations (NGOs) with expertise in the SPS area and with an organization in the relevant beneficiary country or countries, in cooperation with the public and/or private sector.
Submission mail: STDFSecretariat@wto.org
Other important link:
● Form: http://standardsfacility.org/sites/default/files/PPGApplicationForm_English_FINAL_2015.doc
● Guideline: http://standardsfacility.org/sites/default/files/STDFGuidanceNote_English_FINAL_2015.pdf
How to apply:
● Applications for PPGs should be submitted to the STDF Secretariat by e-mail (STDFSecretariat@wto.org ) using the prescribed Application Form.
● Applications are accepted in any of the three working languages of the WTO (English, French and Spanish).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh