Donor Name: The Information Society Innovation Fund (ISIF Asia)
Funding name: The Information Society Innovation Fund (ISIF Asia)
Funding brief: During 2017, ISIF Asia is allocating AUD 145,000 to support grants across three categories and AUD 10,000 for one award.
● Internet Operations Research Grants: The Internet Operations Research Grants support the development of an independent Internet research community whose work can improve the availability, reliability, and security of the Internet in the Asia Pacific region, and widen its coverage, applications and benefit to the community.
The grants are open to research focused on Internet operations, infrastructure and related protocols, such as network measurement and analysis; IPv6; BGP routing; network security as well as peering and interconnection.
● Internet for Development Grant: The Internet for Development Grant will support the scaling-up of an innovative Internet-based solution to development issues.
Applications areas such as women and girls in IT, diversity and inclusion, access provision, utility services, devices, IoT, IPv6, privacy, democracy enhancement, open data, economic empowerment, poverty alleviation, health and education will be considered by the Selection Committee. Innovation and a development focus must be an integral part of the project proposal.
● Cybersecurity grants: The cybersecurity grants will support projects focusing on practical solutions around network resiliency and security. Project proposals must include an implementation component. The grant is open to all relevant topics of interest around network resiliency and security, focusedon one or more of the following areas:
Naming: Innovative approaches to DNSSEC that enhance user confidence in Internet-based services.
Routing: Support for wider deployment of secure routing technologies (RPKI, BGPSEC) and best practices (MANRS).
Measurement: Investigating the nature and extent of deployment of security solutions on the Internet.
Traffic management: Tools to measure Internet traffic congestion and/or traffic management practices OR analysis of traffic management policies and practices.
Confidential communications: Strategies or solutions to enhance the confidentiality of Internet traffic.
Data security and integrity:Options for improved data security and/or data breach detection and mitigation.
Internet of Things (IoT):Security of IoT.
Critical Infrastructure:Security of computer-controlled systems such as energy grids, transport networks, water supply, sewage, etc.) from cyber-attacks.
End-user device security: Options for improved end-user security.
Building security resilience in your local community.
Deadline: The 2017 call for ISIF Asia grant proposals and award nominations is open from 20 June to 30 August 2017.
Funding details link: https://isif.asia/grants/
● Internet Operations Research Grants: Applicants can apply for an amount between AUD 5,000 and AUD 45,000based on their research needs, a realistic timeframe and a detailed budget. For 2017, the total amount available to support research is AUD 85,000.
● Internet for Development Grant: Applicants can apply for up to 30,000 AUD based on a project proposal that includes a realistic timeframe and a detailed budget. For 2017, one grant under the Internet for Development category will be allocated.
● Cybersecurity grants: Applicants can apply for up to 30,000 AUD based on a project proposal that includes a realistic timeframe and a detailed budget. For 2017, the total grant availability in the cybersecurity category will be AUD 30,000.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: As above
Eligibility: As above
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
●Internet Operations Research Grants:
●Internet for Development Grant:
How to apply:
●Interested applicant may apply through the website:
Internet Operations Research Grants
●Internet for Development Grant
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh