Donor Name: Japan Foreign Trade Council (JFTC), Inc
Funding name: JFTC Essay Competition 2017
Funding brief: JFTC is sponsoring JFTC Essay Competition 2017 to encourage students, young researchers and business people to express their opinions on matters of national and international importance.
Free trade aims to achieve economic development by promoting free transactions of goods and services in a global economy which is becoming increasingly interdependent. On the other hand, protectionist movements also have been emerging, criticizing free trade for giving rise to increases in economic disparity and unemployment. As a result, growing arguments are being made on both sides for the advantages and disadvantages of a free trade system.
What advantages are people around the world gaining through free trade, and, to the contrary, what are the disadvantages?
What kinds of measures are conceivable in order to further increase the advantages while reducing the disadvantages?
In addition, what should “those concerned” do in order to achieve these measures?
In addition to your responses to these questions, please present your argument for what an ideal free trade system should look like in the future. In particular, essays which include analyses and suggestions about the part played by shosha companies are welcome.
Deadline: September 8, 2017 at 24:00 (JST)
Funding details link: http://www.jftc.or.jp/english/discourse/requirements/index.html
● One Grand Prize of ¥1,000,000
● Three Prizes for Excellence of ¥200,000 each
● The award winners from abroad will be provided with a round-trip air ticket to Tokyo, Japan to attend the award ceremony to be held on January 5, 2018.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
● Anyone can apply for the essay competition, regardless of nationality or age.
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● FAQ: http://www.jftc.or.jp/english/discourse/faq/
● Format: https://www.jftc.jp/english/discourse/application/entryform_en_2017.doc
● Apply: https://www.jftc.jp/english/discourse/application/index.php
How to apply:
● All submissions must be original and should be submitted with an entry form(https://www.jftc.jp/english/discourse/application/index.php)completely filled out.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh