Donor Name: European Commission
Funding name: European Commission Fund
Reference No: EuropeAid/154555/DD/ACT/BD
Funding brief: The present Call for Proposals covers the third component of the broader EU funded programme on Food and Nutrition Security Programme for Bangladesh 2015 for which the ultimate beneficiaries are children, pregnant and lactating women and adolescent girls from poor households.
The general objective of this Call for Proposals is “to improve maternal and child nutrition”.
The specific objective is to implement at local level innovative, resilient and scalable nutrition governance pro-poor models which are validated and aligned with national policies.
This Call for Proposals invites CSOs/NGOs and International Organizations intervening locally in close articulation with line ministries, local government and private sector, to replicate and scale-up innovative – but already validated (in Bangladesh or in other countries that are feasible to be implemented in the Bangladeshi context) – local governance models for better nutrition of poor households through an integrated and multi-sectoral approach (nutrition sensitive).
In order to facilitate an effective oversight of the whole EU-funded programme as well as create space for closer dialogue with the Government, the governance arrangements of the Actions funded under this Call for Proposals will be aligned with the Governance structure of the other two components of the above mentioned EU programme, consisting of a Supervisory Management Board (operational level) and one Programme Steering Committee (policy level) .
Deadline: 31/08/2017, at 12:00 (Brussels date and time)
Funding details link: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/europeaid/online-services/index.cfm?ADSSChck=1499140865558&do=publi.detPUB&page=1&orderbyad=Desc&orderby=upd&aoref=154555&searchtype=QS&nbPubliList=15&userlanguage=en
Funding limit: 40,000,000 (EUR)
● Minimum amount: EUR 7,500,000
● Maximum amount: EUR 10,000,000
● Under Lot 1 Actions must take place in Food and Nutrition vulnerable areas of Bangladesh preferably in the lagging regions of Bangladesh consulting with the vulnerability /poverty map of Bangladesh excluding Sylhet and Moulvibazar districts in Sylhet division where SUCHANA (component 2 of the EU broader programme) is being currently implemented.
● Under Lot 2 Actions must take place in Chittagong Hill Tracts (CHTs) especially in the remotest sub-districts. This lot will ensure that all three hill districts are covered where there are pressing needs. Only one proposal will be awarded a grant under this lot. Potential Applicant/s are encouraged to target indicatively the following sub-districts: for the Rangamati District: Belaichchari, Juraichhari, Rajasthali, Baghaichhari, Barkal, Nannerchar, Langadu, Kawkhali upazila; for the Bandarban district: Thanchi, Alikadam, Ruma, Naikhongchhari, Rowangchari upazila; and for the Khagrachari district: Lakshmichhari, Panchhari, Dighinala, Mahalchhari and Guimara upazila. Applicants are invited to abstain from submitting proposals for locations already covered by other development partners with similar actions.
● For both Lots (1 and 2) Actions will be geographically concentrated covering 100% of eligible beneficiaries in the specific targeted areas (in contrast with geographically dispersed to appear bigger operations targeting only a small percentage of the vulnerable population).
Types of activity: In line with the objectives and priorities listed under section 1.2, indicative set of actions/models could be as follows:
● Strengthening the enabling environment and capacity of the local government structures including the extension officers as well as the Hill District Councils in CHT, to address food and nutrition insecurity, enhancing accountability system and participative planning and monitoring of nutrition sensitive programmes.
● Increasing nutrition sensitive awareness and promoting behavior change (diet diversity, care practices, water, sanitation and hygiene–WASH- etc.);
● Fostering interventions in nutrition-sensitive value chains (horticulture, livestock, fishery), and other interventions to improve quantity, quality and diversity of household food consumption, children’s dietary intake, and overall nutritional status;
● Fostering multi-stakeholders local platforms, local observatories or other local /community spaces aimed at providing information on food security and nutrition and contributing to decision-making and policy development, as well as empowering communities on nutrition sensitive programming, including identifying and supporting “nutrition champions”;
● Recognizing and supporting the private sector and civil society organizations in their multiple roles in reducing food and nutrition insecurity, including the adaptation of innovative low-cost solutions, and promote vertical and horizontal coordination and advocacy mechanisms.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: The initial planned duration of an action may not be lower than 48 months nor exceed 60 months.
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
● be a legal person and
● be non-profit-making and
● be a specific type of organisation such as: non-governmental organization, international (inter-governmental) organisation as defined by Article 43 of the Rules of application of the EU Financial Regulation
● be established in a Member State of the European Union or Bangladesh or any other country as stipulated in art. 9 of the Regulation (EU) No 236/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 March 2014 laying down common rules and procedures for the implementation of the Union’s instruments for financing external action. This obligation does not apply to international organizations and
● be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Daily allowance rates (per diem), available at the following address: http://ec.europa.eu/europeaid/funding/about-procurement-contracts/procedures-and-practical-guide-prag/diems_en
● e-learning : https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/europeaid/prospect/external/
● user manual for PROSPECT : https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/europeaid/prospect/external/
● PROJECT CYCLE MANAGEMENT GUIDELINES: https://ec.europa.eu/europeaid/aid-delivery-methods-project-cycle-management-guidelines-vol-1_en
● THE IMPLEMENTATION OF GRANT CONTRACTS – A USERS’ GUIDE: http://ec.europa.eu/europeaid/companion/document.do?nodeNumber=19
● FINANCIAL TOOLKIT: http://ec.europa.eu/europeaid/sites/devco/files/financial-management-toolkit-for-recipients-15112010_en.pdf
How to apply:
● The concept note together with the declaration by the lead applicant (Annex A.1 section 2) must be submitted online via PROSPECT https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/europeaid/prospect following the instructions given in the PROSPECT user manual.
● If it is impossible for lead applicants to submit their concept note online via PROSPECT for technical reasons, they must send their proposal in a sealed envelope and attach the concept note together with the declaration by the lead applicant (Annex A.1 section 2). In particular, the lead applicant must send, in a sealed envelope as described below the following items:
● One original of the concept note. The signed declaration by the lead applicant (Annex A.1 section 2) must be printed and stapled separately and enclosed in the envelope
● Two additional copies in A4 size, each bound.
● An electronic version in a CD-Rom of the items under point (a). The electronic file must contain exactly the same application as the paper version enclosed.
The envelope must bear the reference number and the title of the call for proposals, together with [the lot number and title] the full name and address of the lead applicant, and the words ‘Not to be opened before the opening session’ and ‘নির্ধারিত সময়ের পূর্বে খোলা নিষেধ’.
● Concept notes must be submitted in a sealed envelope by registered mail, private courier service or by hand-delivery (a signed and dated certificate of receipt will be given to the deliverer) to the address below. Where lead applicants send several concept notes (if allowed to do so by the guidelines of the call), each one must be sent separately: Postal address:Plot 7, Road 84, Gulshan 2, DHAKA – 1212 P.O. Box n° GN 6086 – Gulshan, DHAKA-1212. Address for hand delivery or by private courier service: Plot 7, Road 84, Gulshan 2, DHAKA – 1212 . P.O. Box n° GN 6086 – Gulshan, DHAKA-1212.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh