Donor Name: Aidsfonds
Funding name: 2017 Call for Proposals
Funding brief: Aidsfonds is pleased to announce its 2017 Call for Proposals: Challenging intellectual property barriers that prevent access to treatment for people living with HIV in Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda, Zimbabwe, Indonesia, Myanmar, Vietnam, Bangladesh and/or Ukraine.
With this call, Aidsfonds aims to support civil society organizations with a track record in treatment advocacy addressing intellectual property barriers and holding their governments accountable for access to essential medicines, lowering costs of pharmaceuticals and thereby contributing to financial and programmatic sustainability of the HIV response.
This call for proposals directly contributes to two of the four long-term goals identified in the Aidsfonds strategic plan: a strong Civil Society and fewer barriers to access treatment, care and support. The strategic plan focuses on realizing our vision: the end of AIDS in a world where all people affected by HIV and STIs access prevention, treatment, care and support.
Organizations that meet the definitions and criteria set by this call for proposals are invited to apply for a grant to support the proposed programmes for three years (2018-2020). Proposals should build towards one or more of the following longer term goals:
● Repelling harmful provisions in free trade agreements;
● Incorporating flexibilities in national patent laws;
● Ensuring that existing flexibilities are used, including the opposition to new patents or issuing compulsory licenses.
Deadline: The deadline for submission of proposals is 22 August 2017 at 12:00 (noon) CEST.
Funding details link: https://aidsfonds.org/funding/funding-possibilities
Funding limit: Budgets will be submitted in Euros, through the designated result and budget framework 2017 (part of the online application form). For each programme, a budget between €150.000 – €250.000 is available, for the duration of three years. Aidsfonds aims to support 4 to 7 programmes.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: 3 Years
Eligible organization: As below
● The applicant is a registered organization. Proposals by individuals will not be taken into consideration for funding.
● The applicants is a non-profit and non-governmental organization.
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Guideline: https://aidsfonds.org/files/uploads/20170616_DEF_Transition_IP_call.pdf
● Form: https://app.wizehive.com/appform/login/2017_InternationalCallforProposals
● Regulations: https://aidsfonds.org/files/uploads/grant_regulations.pdf
● Conflict of interest policy: https://aidsfonds.org/files/uploads/aids_fonds_conflictof_interest_policy_2014.pdf
● Apply: https://app.wizehive.com/appform/login/2017_InternationalCallforProposals
How to apply:
● Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://app.wizehive.com/appform/login/2017_InternationalCallforProposals ).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh