Donor Name: Nehru Foundation for Development, JSW and Times of India
Award name: The Earth Care Awards
Award brief: The Earth Care Awards seeks to identify and foster actions across several sectors with special reference to mitigation and adaptation imperatives related to climate change. This is in response to the growing consciousness on climate impacts and need to identify and foster locally evolved responses.
The Award focuses on responses generated from South Asian region, primarily SAARC region. This is in recognition to the reality of change happening and the nature of vulnerability and impact the region faces. The region shares common challenges with high levels of poverty, depleting natural resources and increasing uncertainty to monsoon and frequency of natural disasters along with stress and conflicts on resources availability. The awards reflect the need to recognize, strengthen and foster initiatives on mitigation and adaptation in the region.
The objective is to reduce emissions, adopt approaches to protect land and water resources and promote innovations for reducing impacts, emphasizing appropriate environmental action. The Earth Care Award recognizes these initiatives and undertakes extensive networking with stakeholders, conducts due diligence, develops field assessment and strengthens capabilities through knowledge sharing.
Deadline: The last date to submit is 4th, August, 2017.
Award details link: http://www.earthcareawards.com
Award limit: The awards contain citation and trophy. In the community and innovation category, the award also includes cash reward, as decided by Jury.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
● CATEGORY: Community based mitigation and adaptation in water resources, agriculture, forestry, other land use, animal husbandry and climate risk proofing
● Government departments, Non-Governmental Organization (NGOs), Community based Organizations (CBOs), Local Community Groups (Joint Forest Management groups, Water Users Associations; Organizations or parts of organizations (self-accounting profit centres) in the private and public sector supported by multilateral/bilateral agencies.
● The project/activity reported should have been conceptualized and implemented during the period from April 2008 to March 2017 with proven and verifiable results.
● The operations of the applicant must be carried out independently; project objectives, benefits, responsibilities, authorities, results, etc. should be clearly defined. This must be clearly documented, for example, in the project proposal, project report and publication and annual report, organization plan or its equivalent.
● Category: Innovation for Climate Protection
● Companies, Businesses, Government agencies, Academic institutions, Community groups, and Individual researchers who have innovated products/services which are climate efficient in terms of conservation of natural resources, switching to alternatives, reducing energy consumption and reducing release of GHGs.
● Innovation should have been conceptualized and implemented during the period post 2011 with proven results.
● Category: Leadership in Urban Climate Action
● The project/activity reported should have been conceptualized and implemented during the period from April 2009 to March 2017 with proven and verifiable results.
● Initiatives on urban governance, development planning, sustainability and practical action by the local government, industry, academia, institutions, and community based organizations and other stakeholders.
● Project areas – Energy Efficient Infrastructure / Urban Mobility / Transportation / Waste Management / Urban Water / Community engagement and adaptation initiative / Climate risk proofing / Disaster risk reduction / Clean and affordable energy / Regional or distant ecological impact reduction
● The category encourages innovative solutions and practices designed through policies, strategies and implementation based approaches reflecting excellence in urban sustainability and climate change with a widespread benefit.
● Only completed projects are eligible to apply. Projects being implemented in phased manner, must reflect completion of at least one phase providing clear indication on verifiable targets and achievements.
● Category: GHG mitigation in Large Enterprises
● Project should have been conceptualized and implemented during the period from April 2013 to March 2017 with proven results.
● Energy efficiency improvement initiatives supported with verifiable indicators with respect to sectoral benchmarks
● Achieved emission reduction (direct & indirect), going beyond the basic compliance requirements.
● Moving beyond CDM wherein CDM initiatives will be considered only a part of the evaluation and additional initiatives which go beyond the CDM framework viz.; the industry’s efforts to significantly reduce the ‘carbon footprints’ across value chain through interventions beyond those considered for CDM.
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Guideline: http://www.earthcareawards.com/media/GUIDE_BOOK_ECA.pdf
● FAQ: http://www.earthcareawards.com/faqs.php
● Form: http://www.earthcareawards.com/application-forms.php
How to apply:
● Applications can be submitted to email id – email@example.com. Supporting documents, videos, etc can be shared through a link / google drive / file share modes.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh