Donor Name: The Bloomberg Initiative
Funding name: The Bloomberg Initiative fund
Funding brief: The Bloomberg Initiative to Reduce Tobacco Use Grants Program is an important component of the Bloomberg Initiative to Reduce Tobacco Use.
With funds from Michael R. Bloomberg, through his charitable foundation Bloomberg Philanthropies, the Grants Program is competitive and supports projects to develop and deliver high-impact evidence-based tobacco control interventions.
Country Specific Policy Focus:
● Increase tax and price of tobacco products
● Support strengthening and implementation of TAPS laws
● Counter industry interference and/or support passage and implementation of Article 5.3.
Note, this must be combined with reference to support for tax and/or TAPS policies listed above.
Deadline: The deadline for submitting Project Ideas is 12:00 hours, US Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5 hours) on Friday, 7 July 2017 (to see what time that is in your country please check www.timeanddate.com ).
Funding details link: https://tobaccocontrolgrants.org/Apply-For-A-Grant
Funding limit: Proposals can be submitted for grants from US$25,000 up to US$350,000 per year.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Project proposals between six and twenty-four months will be considered.
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: Governmental and non-governmental organizations based in eligible countries can apply for grants.
● Governmental organizations include, but are not limited to, national Ministries, state/provincial authorities, city/municipal authorities and affiliate offices.
● Non-governmental organizations (NGOs) with relevant advocacy experience aimed at changing or implementing policies including but not limited to civil society organizations, educational institutions (for example universities) and independent policy institutions (‘think tanks’).
● Applicants must be recognized legal registered entities capable of entering into contractual arrangements, receiving foreign funds for the proposed activities and assuming legal and financial obligations.
● NGO applicants cannot be the recipients of financial support from any tobacco product manufacturer or the parent, subsidiary or affiliate of a tobacco product manufacturer.
● The grants program does not fund individuals.
● Eligible countries are Bangladesh, China, India, Indonesia, Pakistan, Vietnam ,Philippines, Brazil ,Ukraine, Mexico
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Guideline: https://tobaccocontrolgrants.org/files/Round22/Updated%20web%20docs/Call%20for%20Proposals/Call%20for%20Proposals%20-%20English.pdf
● Budget: https://tobaccocontrolgrants.org/files/Round21/Budget%20example%20for%20Project%20Ideas-1.xls
● Form: https://tobaccocontrolgrants.org/files/Round22/Updated%20web%20docs/Online%20Project%20Idea%20Form.docx
● Apply: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_722?SA=SNA&FID=35006
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_722?SA=SNA&FID=35006 ).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh