Donor Name: Japan Water Forum
Funding name: Japan Water Forum Fund 2017
Funding brief: Japan Water Forum (JWF) Fund is the fund program aiming at supporting organizations addressing water-related issues at the grass-roots level in developing countries. They hope that it will be a small but certain step to solve water-related issues while meeting local needs as well as utilizing local resources.
A project which is planned and will faithfully be implemented along the following themes will be considered.
● Construction/repair of rainwater harvesting tank, well, and water reservoir.
● Installation of small scale type water supply system.
● Construction/repair of sanitation facility.
● Maintenance/improvement of water resource environment.
● Installation/promotion of water efficiency irrigation system.
● Implementation of water-related disaster risk reduction/mitigation program.
It is advisable that the project includes awareness-raising programs/training programs for capacity building and sustainability of the project.
If you plan to implement the project except the themes above, please specify the theme in the APPLICATION FORM B.
Deadline: The closing date for application is 31 July, 2017.
Funding details link: http://www.waterforum.jp/en/2017/0601/?p=4778
Funding limit: Successful organizations will receive grants up to US$1,000 per a project.
Project start date: The selected projects have to be started as soon as the grants are received, which will be the end of September 2017, and the activity in the field should be completed by the end of February 2018.
Project duration: As above
Eligible organization: The local grassroots organizations that work in countries/territories below can apply for the JWF Fund. National governments, local governments and private companies cannot apply for the fund.
Eligibility: Eligible countries includes the following-
● (Least Developed Countries) Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Central African Rep., Chad, Comoros, Congo Dem. Rep., Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Kiribati, Laos, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia
● (Other Low-income Countries) Kenya, D.P.R. Korea, Tajikistan, Zimbabwe
● (Lower Middle-income Countries/Territories) Armenia, Bolivia, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Congo Rep., Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, El Salvador, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Philippines, Samoa, Sri Lanka, Swaziland, Syria, Tokelau, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Viet Nam, West Bank and Gaza Strip
Submission mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other important link:
● Guideline: http://www.waterforum.jp/wp/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/JWF-Fund-2017_Guidelines.pdf
● Application form: http://www.waterforum.jp/wp/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/JWF-Fund-2017_Application-form_word.docx
How to apply:
● To apply for the fund, please read through the guidelines beforehand and use the prescribed application form.
● All of the applications shall be filled out using the application format, and written in English. Please contact email@example.com for inquiries about other languages.
● Contact and submit your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh