Donor Name: The Volvo Environment Prize Foundation
Award name: The Volvo Environment Prize 2018
Award brief: The Volvo Environment Prize is an independent Foundation instituted in 1988 with the purpose of rewarding outstanding scientific discoveries or innovations which in broad terms fall within the environmental field. Since the first award in 1990 the Volvo Environment Prize has become one of the scientific world’s most respected environmental prizes. Laureates represent all fields of environmental and sustainability studies and initiatives. The Volvo Environment Prize is awarded by an independent foundation. A Scientific Committee does the initial screening and evaluation of candidates. The International Prize Jury, a group of internationally renowned scientists, makes the final selection of prize laureate. The Volvo Environment Prize is awarded annually. The award ceremony is in Stockholm in November each year.
Deadline: To be considered, nominations must be submitted by January 10th, 2018.
Award details link: http://www.environment-prize.com/the-prize/nominate/
Award limit: The Prize consists of a hand-crafted diploma, a glass sculpture and a cash award for SEK 1.5 million (approximately EUR 165,000 or USD 215,000).
● The nomination period for the Volvo Environment Prize 2017 is closed. The nomination period for the Volvo Environment Prize 2018 is running now.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: Not Found
Eligibility: As below
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Guideline: http://www.environment-prize.com/the-prize/nomination-guidelines/
● Nomination form (PDF): http://www.environment-prize.com/media/16638/nomination-form-2018.pdf
● Apply: http://www.environment-prize.com/the-prize/nominate/
How to apply: Nominations must include the following:
● A short letter of motivation
● A detailed description of the research the nominee has conducted and how it adds to our knowledge around environmental science. Main achievements and their importance should be emphasized.
● Emphasis must also be placed on the impacts of the research outside of the particular discipline e.g. impacts on policy development, impacts on sustainability and/or contribution to changed behaviour.
● CV of the nominee + list of published paper/s and links if available.
● Letter/s of reference. Maximum 3 letters written by someone other than the nominator.
● Nominations should be submitted in English using the official form available at www.environment-prize.com. When not feasible, please contact the secretariat firstname.lastname@example.org.
● When submitting nominations for a group of named individuals please send one nomination for each person (maximum 3 persons) and specify in the description of achievements that the nomination is for a shared prize.
● A nomination remains valid for three years.
● Please note that self-nominations are not accepted.
● Interested applicant may apply through the website (http://www.environment-prize.com/the-prize/nominate/ ).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh