Donor Name: Pro Natura Foundation Japan (PNFJ)
Funding name: Pro Natura Fund
Funding brief: “PRO NATURA FUND” is a conservation grant program managed by Pro Natura Foundation Japan (PNFJ). The mission of this program is to conserve nature by supporting scientific research and activities overseas, especially in developing countries.
Criteria: Projects that are qualified to be granted by PRO NATURA FUND include:
● Research projects such as;
● Biological, ecological, geomorphological, hydrological, or meteorological study focusing on local nature conservation.
● Environmental study for the purpose of conservation on land area such as forest, and aquatic area such as tidal flat, seaweed bed and estuary.
● Investigation on endangered animal and plant species.
● Investigation on introduced or invasive species.
● Study which aims to solve nature conservation issues occurring today.
● The development of research method which contributes to solve nature conservation issues.
● Activity projects such as;
● The protection of wild animal and plant species, ecosystem, geological features or hydrological environment.
● The promotion of conservational and environmental education, and the enlightenment of nature conservation thought.
● The publication/production of booklets, books and image contents which appeal to the public about nature conservation.
● The holding of symposium, seminar or events which appeal to the public about nature conservation.
● The combination of 1) and 2).
Deadline: 12:00pm, 14 July 2017
Funding details link: https://sites.google.com/a/pronaturajapan.com/eng/foundation
Funding limit: The maximum limit of fund per project is 1,500,000 YEN. The total amount of remittance is likely to change depending on the current exchange rate.
Project start date: The term is from October 2017 (to September 2018).
Project duration: Any project plan should be for a single year.
Eligible organization: As below
● The applicant should be a group. Individual application is unacceptable.
● The applicant group must be capable of doing research and/or conservation activities in a local field.
● The applicant group should have an excellent achievement in the field of nature conservation and/or environmental education.
● The representative applicant (project leader) should live in the country where the project will be implemented, and should have a deep understanding of the field and the community in the area.
● The applicant group must include at least one Japanese member, who knows the group members well, understands the detail of the project, and is capable of being a liaison between the group and PNFJ.
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Guideline: https://docs.google.com/a/pronaturajapan.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=cHJvbmF0dXJhamFwYW4uY29tfGVuZ3xneDphNzM4YmQyYzU5ZDllOGU
How to apply:
● The applicant needs to download the application documents from the PNFJ website below:http://www.pronaturajapan.com/foundation/pronaturafund/28pnfbosyu ;or https://sites.google.com/a/pronaturajapan.com/eng/foundation
● Applicants must complete Application Form and Expenditure Schedule sheet in English or Japanese. If written in English, the completed documents should be sent to the Japanese member, and the Japanese member needs to make a translated version.
● The Japanese member is responsible to send all application documents to the secretariat of PNFJ. The following documents must be included;
● Application Form (A4×7 pages, written by applicant).
● Expenditure Schedule (A4x7 pages, Excel sheet, written by applicant)
● Japanese translation of the application form (A4×6 pages, written by Japanese member).
● Japanese translation of the expenditure schedule (A4x2 pages, Excel sheet, written by Japanese member)
● Please send all documents by PDF format.
● All the application documents should be sent via Japanese member and should arrive at the secretariat (Pro Natura Foundation Japan, Shoto Annex 2F, 1-25-8 Shoto, Shibuya,Tokyo 150-0046 Japan, Phone: +81-3-54541789 Fax: +81-3-54542838, URL: http://www.pronaturajapan.com ,E-mail : email@example.com ) of PNFJ by no later than the deadline.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh