Donor Name: Bentham-Moxon Trust
Funding name: Bentham-Moxon Trust Fund
Funding brief: The mission of Bentham-Moxon Trust is to provide financial support for plant and fungal collection, research and education that further the work of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew.
Grants are made in four main areas:
1.Plant collection and field research expeditions: The Trust is keen to support plant and fungal collecting and field research expeditions although it is seldom able to provide the entire cost. Where it has been able to assist expeditions, it has generally been by supporting an individual member of the expedition or helping with equipment cost or funding an extension to the expedition. The Trust is keen to support expeditions with a conservation impact.
2. Overseas botanists and mycologists visiting, training or working at Kew: Visiting botanists and mycologists have been able to significantly increase the value of their time at Kew by undergoing training or visiting neighboring botanical or mycological institutions. The Trust has made grants to cover the cost of the extra training or travel as part of a capacity building programme. The application has to be made by a Kew staff member on behalf of the overseas botanist or mycologist. The Trust expects that the overseas botanist or mycologist will have their salaries covered by their home institution.
3. Travel to botanical and mycological institutions: This type of award enables research to proceed when botanical or mycological specimens are not available for study at RBG, Kew.
4. Travel to and presenting at conferences: The Trust provides assistance when special circumstances make it difficult for a departmental budget to cover the costs. It would usually be expected that there is a good case for Kew to be represented and that a person’s attendance would be valuable to the work of Kew. Funding is provided to enable a presentation (oral or poster) to be made at the Conference, and funds are not normally provided for attendance only.
The Trust’s scheme is a small grants programme. Applicants can view previous successful applications to understand the range of grants made.
Deadline: Applications have to be with the Secretary/Treasurer of the Trust by 30 September.
Funding details link: http://www.kew.org/about-our-organisation/our-people-and-departments/bentham-moxon-trust
Funding limit: Not Found
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor for further clarification.
Project start date: The project year for applications is 1 January to 31 December.
Project duration: One year
Eligible organization: Not Found
Eligibility: Not Found
Submission mail: email@example.com
Other important link:
● Form: http://www.kew.org/sites/default/files/BMT-application-form-20162.docx
How to apply:
● The application form should be returned to the Secretary/Treasurer of the Trust byemail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Jennifer Alsop, Secretary and Treasurer Bentham-Moxon Trust, The Herbarium, Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew Richmond Surrey TW9 3AE.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh