Donor Name: Wuppertal Institute for Climate, Environment and Energy
Funding name: The first Sustainable Energy Project Support (SEPS) Call of 2017
Funding brief: Through the supporting scheme SEPS – Sustainable Energy Project Support – WISIONS nurtures innovative energy projects that are environmentally, economically and socially sound and fosters knowledge exchanges between practitioners.
Sustainable Energy Project Support, SEPS, aims to support innovative energy projects that are environmentally, economically and socially sound. SEPS defines the term “project” in a broad sense. It does not focus solely on technical solutions, but also addresses a broad spectrum of ideas that may help to foster renewable energy or the efficient use of energy and, therefore, contribute to sustainable development.
Eligible as SEPS Knowledge Exchange Activities:The proposed SEPS Knowledge Exchange should allow for interaction between practitioners with significant experience in the implementation of decentralized renewable energy solutions in the target region(s). SEPS Knowledge Exchange activities should relate to one or more of the following focus areas:
● Capacity-building: strengthening the technical, managerial, communication or other skills of practitioners
● South-South mutual learning: facilitating mutual learning among organizations active in the Global South
● Practice-to-policy exchange: addressing potentials & barriers to specific energy technologies or delivery models to raise awareness and generate policy recommendations
● Advocacy and awareness-raising activities: defining strategies for the effective advocacy of critical topics; creating awareness for specific technologies and/or challenges relating to sustainable energy; implementing and supporting concepts for motivating the local population
● Others: WISIONS is open to creative ideas on how to expand the knowledge base and to strengthen capacities of practitioners as well as of other stakeholders
Regional Focus: Latin America & the Caribbean and Southern & South East Asia.
The first SEPS call of 2017 focuses on the regions of Latin America and the Caribbean, as well as Southern and South East Asia. The countries considered for this call are those within the Caribbean, South and Central America, and Southern and South East Asia, according to the UN definition.
Deadline: The deadline for the submission of applications is 23 June 2017, 4 PM GMT.
Funding details link: http://www.wisions.net/pages/seps-energy-projects
Funding limit: The total maximum combined financial support (projects and exchanges) will be 300,000 EUR.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: It should be possible to implement the project within one to two years.
Eligible organization: Not Found
Eligibility: Not Found
Submission mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other important link:
● Application form: http://www.wisions.net/files/uploads/2017_I_Project_Application_Form.pdf
● UN definition of countries or regions: https://unstats.un.org/unsd/methodology/m49/
How to apply:
● The application form and supporting documents must be submitted in English.
● Applicants are therefore required to submit the following:
● A completed 2017 I Project Application Form
● A detailed budget plan in Euros (differentiating between cost categories, see section 3.3)
● A preliminary time schedule (in a table format that allows for time tracking)
● A calculation demonstrating the potential avoidance of fossil fuel use and CO2 emissions (if possible)
● A technical image of the technology to be implemented
● To submit your application, please send this form via e-mail to email@example.com or as a printed document to: WISIONS, Wuppertal Institute for Climate, Environment and Energy Doeppersberg 19, 42103 Wuppertal, Germany.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh