Donor Name: The World Academy of Science (TWAS)
Funding name: Samira Omar Innovation for Sustainability Prize
Funding brief: This new annual prize, named after the TWAS Fellow Samira Omar, will recognize scientists from Least Developed Countries (LDCs). The 2017 prize will be awarded to a female scientist based on scientific achievements in conservation and management of natural resources rather than environmental advocacy.
Deadline: 10th, July, 2017
Funding details link: https://twas.org/opportunity/twas-samira-omar-innovation-sustainability-prize
Funding limit: This prize carries a cash award of USD4,000 generously provided by Professor Omar. The prize will honor scientists working in an area relevant to sustainability.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
● The female scientist being nominated must be a national of one of the following Least Developed Countries (LDCs) and must have lived and worked there during the two years immediately prior to her nomination: Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep. Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Kiribati, Lao PDR, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia.
Submission mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other important link:
● Form: https://twas.org/sites/default/files/prize/nf_twas-samiraomarprize_2017__0.docx
How to apply:
● Please complete this form electronically, save it in the format SURNAME_Initial.doc (e.g. SMITH_D.doc if the candidate’s name is David SMITH), and send it by 10 July 2017 to: email@example.com .
● Three documents must be attached to the e-mail message:
-This nomination form;
-The candidate’s curriculum vitae, including a full list of publications
-A supporting statement by the nominator
● Ask the nominee to send by email the following authorization to firstname.lastname@example.org:”In conformity with article 13 of the Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003, I herewith authorize TWAS to process my personal data for the purposes of my nomination as a candidate for a TWAS Prize.”
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh