Donor Name: The Franklin Institute
Award name: The 2018 Bower Award and Prize for Achievement in Science
Theme: Genome Editing
Award brief: The Franklin Institute seeks nominations for the 2018 Bower Award and Prize for Achievement in Science of individuals who have made significant contributions to our understanding or the development of genome editing and/or its applications. Nominations may recognize contributions including, but not limited to, the discovery/elucidation of genome editing mechanisms such as those involving CRISPR, TALENs, or zinc finger nucleases; genome editing tool development; or genome editing for basic research or applied outcomes in a variety of systems (e.g. for crop improvement or medical therapeutics). Nominations must clearly indicate the scientific impact of the nominee’s work, whether conceptual, technical, or integrative.
Deadline: May 31st, 2017
Award details link: https://www.fi.edu/bower-award-prize-achievement-science
Award limit: The award, gold medal, and $250,000 USD
Special Notes: Please contact with donor for further clarification.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: As below
● This is an international competition for individuals who have made significant contributions to our understanding or the development of genome editing and/or its applications.
● This award and prize must be presented to an individual, as specified by the will of Henry Bower.
● Candidates must be living, and the winner must participate in The Franklin Institute Awards Week programs, to be held in April 2018 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.
● Self-nominations are accepted.
Submission mail: email@example.com
Other important link:
● About: https://www.fi.edu/about-franklin-institute-awards
How to apply:
● An email of intent to nominate sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30, 2017 is appreciated.
● Nominations must be submitted in English
● Deadline for completed nominations is May 31, 2017
● All nominations and supporting letters should be mailed or emailed to:Beth Scheraga, Director of the Awards Program, The Franklin Institute, 222 North 20th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103-1194, USA. Email: email@example.com .
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh