Donor Name: Building and Social Housing Foundation (BSHF)
Award name: World Habitat Awards (2018/19)
Award brief: The Building and Social Housing Foundation (BSHF) is seeking applications for World Habitat Awards for Housing projects and approaches which are sought that
● demonstrate practical, innovative and sustainable solutions to current housing issues faced by countries all around the world
● can be transferred or adapted for use as appropriate
● are already being implemented or are completed ie. not at design stage or very early stages of development
● view the term habitat from a broad perspective and bring other benefits as well, such as energy or water saving, income generation, social inclusion, community and individual empowerment, health benefits, capacity building or education.
Suggested Areas for Submission:
● Provision of low-cost, affordable housing for low-income households
● Environmentally sustainable housing
● Development/use of sustainable building materials and technologies
● Provision of resource- and energy-efficient housing
● Promotion of sustainable lifestyles in urban and/or rural areas
● Restoration of existing housing
● Restoration of areas of decayed housing and/or adaptive reuse of buildings
● Urban/slum upgrading
● Provision of housing designed to withstand natural disasters
● Housing provision for those with special needs
● Provision of housing for homeless people
● Housing specifically designed to meet the needs of older persons and those with other special needs
● Technical innovation
● Innovative design and/or construction materials
● The use of information and communication technologies in housing
● Housing developed and managed on a cooperative or other socially sustainable basis
● Projects and processes that ensure the right to land and housing
Deadline: All entries must be received by 1st March 2018.
Award details link: https://www.bshf.org/world-habitat-awards/how-to-enter/
● As well as international recognition, a prize of £10,000 is made to each of the two winning projects.
● Trophies are also presented to the winning projects and travel and accommodation costs are met for one representative of each winning project to attend the awards ceremony.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
● Any individual, organization or government who has an innovative and practical solution to housing needs and problems from any country of the world.
● More than one entry can be made by the same individual or organization.
● Entries should relate to housing projects and processes that are either completed or in progress.
● Those that are at design stage only or in the very early stages of development cannot be considered.
● Previous entrants can re-submit in subsequent years providing that the project has been further developed in the intervening time period.
Eligibility: They want to hear about projects from around the world that:
● Focus on affordable and adequate housing
● Are in progress or have been completed in the last ten years
● Have been designed and/or delivered in close collaboration with the residents/local community
● Projects at design/prototype/planning stage or completed over ten years ago will not be considered.
● They do not fund projects.
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Apply: https://www.bshf.org/world-habitat-awards/apply-online/
● FAQ: https://www.bshf.org/world-habitat-awards/how-to-enter/faqs/
How to apply:
● Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://www.bshf.org/world-habitat-awards/apply-online/).
● Submissions can be made in English, Spanish or French
● The format of text, plans, diagrams and photographic presentation is entirely at the candidate’s discretion, subject to a size limit of A4 or slightly larger.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh