Donor Name: United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) and the BMW Group
Award name: Inter-cultural Innovation Award 2017
Award brief: The Inter-cultural Innovation Award is a partnership between the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) and the BMW Group that aims to select and support the most innovative grassroots projects that encourage inter-cultural dialogue and cooperation around the world.
Deadline: Deadline for submissions is 31 May 2017 at 5:00 p.m (New York City time).
Award details link: https://interculturalinnovation.org/the-award/
Award limit: Awardees will receive funding to be used for project expansion and/or replication of their project. The total amount of the funding pool is USD 100,500 distributed as follows:
● 1st: USD 40,000
● 2nd: USD 20,000
● 3rd: USD 15,000
● 4th: USD 8,000
● 5th: USD 5,000
● 6th–10th: USD 2,500
● Awarded organizations will be invited to participate in the Global Forum of the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations attended by hundreds of Heads of States, ministers, media and civil society organizations
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
● Eligible to apply for the Inter-cultural Innovation Award are not-for-profit organizations managing projects focused on promoting inter-cultural dialogue and understanding, and who are willing to expand their range of action. Examples include projects in the fields of combating xenophobia, education for global citizenship, interfaith dialogue, migration and integration, prevention of violent extremism, as well as initiatives addressing the needs of specific groups in promoting inter-cultural understanding (e.g. faith-based, youth, women, media, etc.)
● Organizations must be registered as a not-for-profit organization, such as a non-governmental organization, charitable organization, research and educational institution, labor union, indigenous group, faith-based organization, professional association, foundation and local or municipal branches of government.
● Applying organizations must have been operational for a minimum of 2 years before April 2017; with funding base and project implementation (i.e. the organization must show registration as non-profit in their country of operation by April 2015 or earlier).
● Applying organizations must be managing a project focused on promoting inter-cultural dialogue and understanding. Examples include projects in the fields of combating xenophobia, education for global citizenship, interfaith dialogue, migration and integration, prevention of violent extremism, as well as initiatives addressing the needs of specific groups in promoting inter-cultural understanding (e.g. faith-based, youth, women, media, etc.)
● The applying organization must have the willingness to expand the range of action of the project with UNAOC, the BMW Group and other partners.
● Organizations that have previously received any UNAOC support are not eligible to apply to the Inter-cultural Innovation Award.
● Projects that have been submitted to previous editions of the Inter-cultural Innovation Award and were not selected, are eligible and encouraged to apply again. However, applying organizations cannot have been winners of previous editions of the UNAOC Marketplace of Ideas or BMW Group Awards.
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Brochure: https://interculturalinnovation.org/wp-content/uploads/PDFs/IIA-brochure-lowres.pdf
● Apply: https://interculturalinnovation.org/application/
● Guideline: https://interculturalinnovation.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/IIA-2017-Application-Guidelines-EN.pdf
● FAQ: https://interculturalinnovation.org/faq/
How to apply:
● Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://interculturalinnovation.org/application/ ).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh