Donor Name: Oxfam Bangladesh
Funding name: Humanitarian Response Grant Facility (HRGF)
Funding brief: Heavy runoff and rainfall from early April this year has created early flash flood in the north-eastern districts of Sunamganj, Netrokona, Sylhet, Moulvibazar, Habiganj and Kishoreganj in Haor basin areas of Bangladesh. In this context, Oxfam in Bangladesh is planning to initiate its Empowering Local & National Humanitarian Actors (ELNHA) Project – Humanitarian Response Grant Facility (HRGF) to aid the affected population in Sunamganj and Kishoreganj districts and support LNHAs (Local and National Humanitarian Actors) to enhance their strength, voice and space in the humanitarian system of Bangladesh.
The primary objective of the ‘grant facility’ in the Empowering Local and National and Humanitarian Actors (ELNHA) project is to provide an equal opportunity to the Local and National Humanitarian Actors (LNHAs) for applying and accessing direct funding for humanitarian response. Securing the fund and using it effectively will help them to gain experience in mobilizing donor funds and test their capacity to manage funds as well as design, lead, deliver quality response based on assessed needs and demonstrate transparency and accountability not only as a sub-contractor of INGO but rather as a responsible contract holder, managing the full cycle of response. Oxfam will ensure fair and transparent criteria for the awarding of grants.The experience gained through this facility will also be used to show international actors that LNHAs can respond and lead with no or minimal support from international actors.
There are three main objectives of the fund:
● To reach crisis affected people with quality and timely humanitarian assistance
● To allow the local actors to understand their existing capacity, learn and build confidence in accessing donor funds
● To provide an opportunity to demonstrate the capacity of LNHAs to design and manage quality response projects
Deadline: The proposals should be submitted within 5:00 PM, May, 13th, 2017.
Funding limit: The fund will be competitive and will provide an equal opportunity. They will rely on the inherent and existing capacity of partners to respond. The Response Grant Fund will be made available for local and national organizations, alone or in cooperation with others; to meet the needs of affected people from the flood affected northeastern Haor districts of Kishoreganj and Sunamganj. Maximum BDT 100,00,000.00 (BDT 10 million) will be made available for each district.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: As below
● NGOs having a presence in the disaster affected districts (i.e. Kishoreganj and Sunamganj) will be eligible to apply for this fund. Oxfam encourages Local and National NGOs to apply for the funding by coordinating with their peers and working in collaboration with others.
● This request for proposal invites to work in Kishoreganj and Sunamganj district only. So, NGOs with NGO Affairs Bureau registration and having a presence in the disaster affected districts of Kishoreganj and Sunamganj will be eligible to apply for this fund.
● The selection of proposal needs to be supported by satisfactory outcomes from Oxfam’s Partner Assessment process for the grant award.
Submission mail: MHossain@oxfam.org.uk
Other important link:
● Form and Guideline: https://oxfam.app.box.com/v/HRGF
How to apply:
● After the call for proposals is made, partners who wish to access the fund must fill in the proposal template provided by Oxfam and send it back to Oxfam within 07 days after the declaration of the call.
● The exact location (upazila, union, and ward) of the response should be specified by the partner based on assessed needs. Please note that, the applying NGO must have a NGO Affairs Bureau registration.
● After the call for proposals is made, national and local NGO who wish to access the fund must fill in the proposal and budget template as per guidelines provided in the ToR and send it back to Oxfam (via email: MHossain@oxfam.org.uk).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh