Donor Name: European Union (EU)
Funding name: EU Support to Health and Nutrition of the Poor in Urban Bangladesh
Reference No: EuropeAid/155083/DD/ACT/BD
Funding brief: The global objective of this call for proposals is to improve health and nutrition status of the urban poor in Bangladesh through sustainable integrated and comprehensive services provided and managed in coordinated national urban health delivery system.
The specific objective of this Call for Proposals isto improve and increase sustainable, integrated and comprehensive primary health care services delivery including nutrition for the urban poor in Bangladesh.
In the light of the objectives and priorities, depending on the context of the proposal and comparative evaluation, the contracting authority reserves the right not to award a grant.
● To increase coverage of primary health care and nutrition service delivery in urban areas.
● To improve comprehensiveness of primary health care and nutrition service delivery in urban areas
● To improve access to primary health care and nutrition service for the poorest in urban areas
● To improve sustainability of primary health care and nutrition service delivery in urban areas
Location: The Action must take place in urban areas of Bangladesh other than listed below and having population of 150,000 plus. The following geographic areas are excluded from this scope of this call:
|1. Dhaka South City Corporation
2. Dhaka North City Corporation
3. Chittagong City Corporation
4. Rajshahi City Corporation
5. Khulna City Corporation
6. Sylhet City Corporation
7. Barishal City Corporation
8. Comilla City Corporation
9. Narayangonj City Corporation
10. Rangpur City Corporation
11. Gazipur City Corporation
|1. Gopalgonj Municipality
2. Kishoregonj Municipality
3. Kushtia Municipality
4. Sirajgonj Municipality
5. Dinajpur Municipality
6. Mymensingh Municipality
7. Jamalpur Municipality
8. Noakhali Municipality
9. Cox’s Bazar Municipality
10. Patuakhali Municipality
11. Jessore Municipality
12. Faridpur Municipality
Deadline: 20/08/2017 at 12:00 (Brussels date and time)
Funding details link: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/europeaid/online-services/index.cfm?ADSSChck=1494233737889&do=publi.detPUB&searchtype=QS&page=1&nbPubliList=15&orderbyad=Desc&aoref=155083&orderby=upd&userlanguage=en
Funding limit: 12,600,000 (EUR)
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum amounts:
● Minimum amount: EUR2,000,000
● Maximum amount: EUR3,150,000
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: The initial planned duration of the action may not be lower than 30 months nor exceed 36 months.
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
● be a legal person and
● be a Civil Society Organization (CSO/NGO) such as non-governmental non-profit organizations, and private sector non-profit bodies
● Applicants from the following countries-
● Member states, in an official candidate country as recognized by the European Community and contracting parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area, or
● developing countries and territories, which are included in the list of ODA recipients published by the OECD-DAC (‘list of ODA recipients’) which are not members of the G-20 group, and overseas countries and territories covered by Council Decision 2001/822/EC (3);
● developing countries, as included in the list of ODA recipients, which are members of the G-20 group, and other countries and territories, when they are beneficiaries of DCI
● Member countries of the OECD in the case of contracts implemented in a Least Developed Country or a Highly Indebted Poor Country, as included in the list of ODA recipients.
● comply with relevant legislation to be able to implement the Action and
● have a track record in the implementation of health financing projects in the region and
● be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary.
● Preference will be given to those applicants who will be able to provide an agreement with Municipalities of Bangladesh where the action will be implemented, or a plan to get this agreement.
● The lead applicant may/may not act with co-applicant(s) as specified hereafter
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Visibility of the EU financing: https://ec.europa.eu/europeaid/communication-and-visibility-manual-eu-external-actions_en
● Daily allowance rates (per diem), available at the following address: http://ec.europa.eu/europeaid/applicable-rates-diems-framework-ec-funded-external-aid-contracts-05072013_en
● e-learning: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/europeaid/prospect/external/
● User manual for PROSPECT : https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/europeaid/prospect/external/
● Project cycle management guidelines: https://ec.europa.eu/europeaid/aid-delivery-methods-project-cycle-management-guidelines-vol-1_en
● The implementation of grant contracts – a users’ guide: http://ec.europa.eu/europeaid/companion/document.do?nodeNumber=19
● Financial toolkit: http://ec.europa.eu/europeaid/sites/devco/files/financial-management-toolkit-for-recipients-15112010_en.pdf
● PADOR is accessible via the website: http://ec.europa.eu/europeaid/pador_en
How to apply:
● To apply for this call for proposals, lead applicants need to: Provide information about the organizations involved in the action. Please note that the registration of this data in PADOR is obligatory for all lead applicants, co-applicant(s) and affiliated entitiy(ies).
● Applications must be submitted online via PROSPECT (https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/europeaid/prospect) following the instructions given in the PROSPECT user manual.
● If it is impossible for the organization to submit its application online via PROSPECT for technical reasons, the applicant must send its application in a sealed envelope (Annex A.1: concept note and Annex A.2.: full application form), budget and logical framework. In particular, the lead applicant must send, in a sealed envelope as described below the following items:
a.One original signed copy of the complete application form (Annex A.1: concept note and Annex A.2: full application form), the budget and logical framework. The declaration by the lead applicant (Annex A.2., section 8 of the full form) must be stapled separately and enclosed in the envelope
b. 3 additional copies in A4 size, each bound.
c. An electronic version (CD-ROM) of the items under point (a). The electronic file must contain exactly the same application as the paper version enclosed.
● The outer envelope must bear the reference number and the title of the call for proposals, together with [the title and number of the lot,] the full name and address of the lead applicant, and the words ‘Not to be opened before the opening session’ and
● To reduce expense and waste, we strongly recommend that you do not use plastic folders or dividers. Please also use double-sided printing if possible.
● Applications must be submitted in a sealed envelope by registered mail, private courier service or by hand-delivery (a signed and dated certificate of receipt will be given to the deliverer) at the address below. Where a lead applicant sends several different applications (if allowed to do so by the guidelines of the call), each one has to be sent separately: Postal address: Plot 7, Road 84, Gulshan 2, DHAKA – 1212, P.O. Box n° GN 6086 – Gulshan, DHAKA-1212, Dhaka
Address for hand delivery or by private courier service: Plot 7, Road 84, Gulshan 2, DHAKA – 1212, P.O. Box n° GN 6086 – Gulshan, DHAKA-1212, Dhaka
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh