Donor Name: US Department of State Bureau of Oceans – Int. Environmental – Scientific
Funding name: No Specific Fund Name
Funding Opportunity Number: SFOP0001622
Funding theme: Mosquito Talk: Building and Expanding International Network of Public Health Communicators to Engage on Zika and Vector Borne Diseases
Funding brief: The Bureau of Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs’ (OES) Office of International Health and Biodefense (IHB) at the Department of State, announces the Notice of Funding Opportunity (“NOFO”) for Mosquito Talk: Building and Expanding International Network of Public Health Communicators to Engage on Zika and Vector Borne Diseases.
The purpose of this project is to build a broad international community which will help drive innovative and locally appropriate solutions to stop mosquitos that carry Zika and other diseases.
The target audience will include community leaders and trusted public figures such as journalists, health practitioners, scientists, educators, and private sector actors who have regular contact with the public and who can broaden the circle of people looking for solutions to vector borne diseases and communicating with the public about mosquitos. Participants will be drawn from countries experiencing Zika outbreaks, countries where Zika is endemic, and countries that are vulnerable to future spread of the virus due to the presence of the mosquito that transmits the disease.
A cooperative agreement for up to $480,000 U.S. Dollars (USD) in public diplomacy funds from the FY 2017 Zika Response and Preparedness Act will be awarded for work that will support the two week information sharing program, (possible locations include Atlanta, GA; Miami, FL; Brownsville, TX; Baltimore, MD) including a two-day workshop in Washington DC, and small grants program to reinforce and expand a “Mosquito Talk” international network of communicators and influencers on the topic of Zika and vector borne diseases.
● Zika Communicators special information sharing program
● Mosquito Talk Workshop
● Small grants for visitor program participants
Deadline: June, 02, 2017
Funding details link: https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=293394
Funding limit: $480,000
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: The initial period of performance will be for 24 months.
Eligible organization: As below
● Applicants are limited to U.S. non-profit/nongovernmental organizations subject to section 501 (c) (3) of the U. S. tax code, foreign not-for-profit/nongovernmental organizations, educational institutions, subject to section 501 (c) (3) of the U.S. tax code and public international organizations.
● Technically eligible submissions are those which: 1) arrive electronically to www.grants.gov or https://mygrants.service-now.com by the designated deadline; 2) have heeded all instructions contained in the Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO), including length and completeness of submission; and 3) do not violate any of the guidelines stated in the solicitation and this document.
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Marking policy: https://www.statebuy.state.gov/fa/Pages/MarkingPolicy.aspx
● Evaluation policy: http://www.state.gov/s/d/rm/rls/evaluation/2015/236970.htm
● Form FFR (SF-425): http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/grants_forms/.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh