Donor Name: The Ministry of the Environment of Japan (MOEJ)
Funding name: 10YFP Trust Fund
Funding brief: The Sustainable Lifestyles and Education (SLE) Programme is a global multi-stakeholder initiative, with the goal to accelerate the shift towards more sustainable lifestyles and education. The programme was launched in November 2014, as a multi-stakeholder programme to promote sustainable lifestyles and education. It is being co-led by the Ministry of the Environment of Japan, the Government of Sweden, and WWF, with the support of a 22 member Multi-stakeholder Advisory Committee (MAC). Furthermore, the SLE Programme currently has over 80 partners around the globe from all stakeholder groups.
There are currently six thematic and sectoral 10YFP programmes bringing together actors, expertise and resources to deliver SCP in an operational manner, on an increasing scale. They contribute to meeting the objectives, goals and functions of the 10YFP, responding to national and regional needs, priorities and circumstances.The 10YFP programmes focus on:
● Building synergies and cooperation, bringing together existing initiatives and partners, leveraging resources towards common objectives;
● Scaling up and replicating successful policies and best practices for SCP, responding to national and regional needs, priorities and circumstances;
● Generating and supporting new projects and activities on SCP in response to regional and national priorities and needs, as they emerge. The programmes build capacity to implement policies, voluntary instruments, management practices, information and awareness raising activities to promote the shift to SCP patterns.
They bring together existing initiatives and partnerships working in similar areas, highlighting good practices and success stories, building synergies and cooperation among stakeholders to leverage resources towards mutual objectives and minimize duplication of ongoing efforts.
Theme of the Call for proposals: “Reduction of CO2 emission arising from household consumption of energy, food, or mobility through innovative multi-stakeholder partnerships”.
Deadline: 8th May 2017, 23:59h Central European Time (CET)
Funding details link: http://www.scpclearinghouse.org/10yfp-trust-fund-call-proposals
Funding limit: Up to US$ 700,000 to support up to 2 project proposals. The expected size of Projects is US$ 300,000 – 350,000
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Minimum duration 1 year, maximum duration 2 years
Eligible organization: As below
● Applicant should be an actor of the 10YFP Sustainable Lifestyles and Education Programme (Programme partners, MAC members and Co-Leads), or should commit to become a Programme partner. However, only applicants with headquarters in developing countries and countries with economies in transition are invited to submit proposals in response to this call. An executing agency can optionally be designated by the applicant to implement the project.
● Please note that private sector organizations are not eligible to act as applicants or executing agencies and to receive funds from the 10YFP Trust Fund. They are, however, welcome to contribute and be partners to project activities.
● Only regional, national, local Governmental institution / agency (or subsidiary body) from developing countries or not-for profit 2 organizations, with headquarters in developing countries and countries with economies in transition are eligible to be applicants.
● Project can only be carried out and submitted by one applicant, including in the case of multi-country project proposals.
● An applicant can designate only one executing agency to implement the project.
● Applicants are required to have sufficient operational experience; technical and financial expertise to manage, coordinate and monitor the implementation of the project. The organization’s experience in similar projects over the last 3 years is taken into account.
Submission mail: email@example.com
Other important link:
● Guideline: http://www.scpclearinghouse.org/sites/default/files/applicant_guidelines_sle_3rd_call_final.pdf
● Form: http://www.scpclearinghouse.org/sites/default/files/application_form_final.pdf
How to apply: The project proposals selection process is divided in two stages:
● Submission and evaluation of Application forms
● Submission and evaluation of full project proposals.
● Applicants that passed through the 1st stage will be asked to submit the full project proposal.
● The submission of the application form is online through the dedicated space on the Global SCP clearinghouse. All applicants are strongly encouraged to apply on-line as soon as possible after the call has been opened and well before the deadline. On-line applications will be acknowledged where an email address has been provided. If you do not receive an e-mail acknowledgement within 24 hours of submission, your application may not have been received. In such cases, please resubmit the application, if necessary. If the problem persists, please seek technical assistance by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh