Donor Name: ESD Okayama Award Steering Board and Okayama City
Award name: Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) Okayama Award 2017
Award brief: The award conducted by Okayama City and ESD Okayama Award Steering Committee will reward outstanding ESD practices in local communities around the world to support the organizations carrying out ESD activities, and also showcase and promote ESD. The Global Award will be given to up to two projects.
Criteria: The Global Award will be given to outstanding projects that can serve as global models contributing to the promotion ESD in local communities. Submitted projects will be reviewed by ESD experts based on the following criteria.
● Vision: Project outlines local issues, and objectives are clearly stated.
● Collaboration: Project has a (clear) implementation structure with various collaborating stakeholders (individuals and organizations).
● Integration: Project integrates environmental, social, and economic dimensions of ESD.
● Empowerment: Project takes educational approaches such as interactive methods for problem-solving and promoting actions to shape a sustainable future. Project also leads to behavior change of individuals, including the transformation of values, attitudes and actions, and to the empowerment of local communities.
● Future Strategy: Project is expected to be developed and expanded in the future and it will bring positive influences to other communities as well.
● Innovation: The project demonstrates an innovative approach to ESD.
Deadline: The Application’s deadline is 30 June 2017 (Friday), 17:00 (Japan Standard Time).
Award details link: http://en.unesco.org/news/esd-okayama-award-2017-call-applications
Award limit: US $3,000
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
● Organizations based in any country, including Japan, implementing ESD activities in local communities are eligible to apply for the Global Award.
● Only one application per organization can be accepted.
● Projects which received the Global Award in the past are not eligible.
● The project should have already been running for at least two years at April 2017.
Submission mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other important link:
● Guideline: http://www.city.okayama.jp/contents/000293387.pdf
● Form: http://www.city.okayama.jp/contents/000293386.docx
How to apply:
● Please send the application form and other materials via E-mail to the Secretariat. ESD Okayama Award Secretariat (at ESD Promotion Division of Okayama City, Japan). E-mail：email@example.com.
● Please write “ESD Okayama Award Application” in the subject line of your e-mail.
● Please prepare a Movie or Slideshow of the project and upload it on YouTube or Vimeo.
● Please note that a Movie or Slideshow cannot be over 5 minutes.
● Please upload the data on ‘YouTube’ or ‘Vimeo’, and write the URL on the column of theApplication Form. Please do NOT send the data by e-mail.
● The Movie or Slideshow of the nominated project will be used for the online voting.
● You can attach relevant Supporting Documents to the Application Form. Supporting documents cannot be more than 5 pages (A4 Paper) in total.
● Documents exceeding 5 pages will not be accepted or considered.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh