Donor Name: Cisco
Funding name: The Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge
Funding brief: The Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge is a worldwide search for early stage technology-enabled solutions that can enable economic development and/or benefit society and/or the environment. This competition is open to teams of students or recent alumni from any college or university.
Deadline: May 30, 2017 at 5 PM PT
Funding limit: Subject to these Terms and Conditions, once confirmed by Sponsor, the winner(s) will receive the following:
● One (1) Grand Prize of $100,000 USD
● One (1) Second Place Prize of $75,000 USD
● Three (3) Third Place Prizes of $25,000 USD each
● Four (4) Fourth Place Prizes of $10,000 USD each
● One (1) People’s Choice Award of $10,000 USD
● For Teams and Business Entity Participants, the prize amounts will be distributed to the Team Leader, the official representative specified in the winning entry, or the Business Team Leader. The Team Leader and the Business Team Leader will have sole responsibility for further distribution of any cash prizes among Team Members or within the Business Entity Participant that has submitted an Entry through the representative, respectively.
● The total value of all prizes is $300,000. All amounts are in United States dollars. No assignment or transfer is allowed by Winner. If a potential winner is unable to participate in or accept the prize or any portion of the prize for any reason, Sponsor shall have no further obligation to such potential winner. Neither Sponsor nor any of its prize suppliers will replace any lost or stolen prizes after being awarded to winners. In no event will Sponsor be responsible for awarding more than the stated number of prizes.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: This Contest is open and offered only to
● individuals age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of registration (“Individual Participant”), ● teams of up to five individuals age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of registration (“Team Participant”), and
● legal business entities (“Business Entity Participant”) satisfying the following requirements:
● Individual Participant. Individuals must be either (a) current students at any post-secondary institution, or (b) recent graduates who completed a post-secondary degree after March 1, 2016.
● Team Participant. A minimum of fifty percent (50%) of the individual members comprising a team must be either (a) current students at any post-secondary institution, or (b) recent graduates who completed a post-secondary degree after March 1, 2016.
● Business Entity Participant. Business entities must be owned by a minimum of 25 percent (25%) business members who are either (a) current students at any post-secondary institution, or (b) recent graduates who completed a post-secondary degree after March 1, 2016.
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Register: https://gps.skild.com/skild2/gps/registerLeader.action
● Guideline: https://cisco.innovationchallenge.com/cisco-global-problem-solver-challenge/rules
How to apply:
● To enter the Contest, visit https://cisco.innovationchallenge.com (the “Site”) from March 30, 2017 to May 30, 2017, accurately and truthfully complete the online registration form, accept these Terms and Conditions and follow the instructions for submitting an “Entry” as described on the Site and below. An “Entry” must be an original idea for an early stage technology-enabled solution that drives economic development and/or solves social problems as described further on the Site.
● The party submitting an Entry is referred to as a “Participant” or “you.” Participants may submit an Idea individually, or as part of a team, or as a Business Entity (as described below). As used herein, “Entry” means all submissions, original ideas, videos, documents or other materials submitted to Sponsor in connection with the Contest. ● Each Entry must be the original creation of the Entrant.
● Once submitted, Entries may not be cancelled, removed or revoked by the Entrant. Sponsor, its affiliates, licensees, successors and assigns are in no way obligated to use or continue to use any Entry.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh