Donor Name: The United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN-DESA)
Funding name: 2017 UN DESA Grant
Thematic Focus: “Sustainable Energy for Eradicating Poverty and Promoting Prosperity in a Changing World”.
Funding brief: The United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN-DESA) is seeking to grant on Energy for Sustainable Development.
Deadline: Applications must be submitted online by 15 June 2017.
Funding details link: https://poweringthefuture.un.org
Funding limit: One million US
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: The recommended time frame is three years or less.
Eligible organization: As below
● The Grant is awarded to an individual, institution or partnership based on past and current achievements.
● There are not any limitations to any specific countries.
● Each grant cycle year, the one million US dollar grant is awarded to an individual, institution or partnership, based on their past and current achievements.
● A person or an organization in legal existence that shares and observes the purposes and principles of the United Nations;
● In no financial distress of any kind ;
● Under no threat of significant litigation or prosecution;
● Capable of demonstrating, through leadership and innovative initiatives and actions, tangible results and impacts at the local, national, regional or global levels in advancing energy for sustainable development, in a manner that is consistent with the three dimensions of sustainable development and the vision, objectives and criteria of the Grant;
● Implementing, for a minimum of three years, initiatives and actions that may relate, but are not limited, to the increased use of new and renewable energy resources, other low-emission technologies, more efficient use of energy, greater reliance on advanced energy technologies, including cleaner fossil fuel technologies, and the sustainable use of traditional energy resources, to meet the growing need for reliable, affordable, economically viable, socially acceptable and environmentally sound energy services in the longer term to achieve sustainable development and poverty eradication; and
● Committed to, and capable of, supporting the Grant’s future capacity building work.
● Outside of the United Nations system.
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Apply: https://poweringthefuture.un.org/apply2/index.php?r=grant/draft
● FAQ: http://poweringthefuture.un.org/about/faq
How to apply:
● Applications must be submitted online in English.
● Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://poweringthefuture.un.org/apply2/index.php?r=grant/draft).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh