Donor Name: Seeding Labs
Funding name: Seeding Labs Fund
Funding brief: Seeding Labs, a US-based non-governmental organization dedicated to helping talented scientists in the developing world conduct life-changing research, seeks applications from universities and research institutions in low- and middle-income countries for Instrumental Access, a program that provides high-quality scientific equipment for research and education at an affordable price.
Through Instrumental Access, participants select items to meet their needs from Seeding Labs’ inventory of new and used equipment, glassware, and consumables (see types of equipment that may be available here). Selected items are then packed into a 20-foot shipping container and sent to the nearest or most convenient ocean port via ocean freight.
Every shipment is unique, but the fair market value of the items included in our shipments typically falls between $60,000 and $150,000 based on its value on the secondary (used) market. The cost to purchase equivalent items new would usually be up to four times higher.
Program Costs: Participation in Instrumental Access is economical, but it is not free. Participants must pay a fee that is adjusted to the income level of their country (according to World Bank classifications at the time of application):
● Low-income: $18,500
● Lower-middle-income: $26,500
● Upper-middle-income: $33,500
Deadline: 28 July 2017
Funding details link: https://seedinglabs.org/rfa2017/
Funding limit: As above
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
● Applicants must be located in a low- or middle-income country (LMIC) (except Afghanistan, Burma, Central African Republic, Chad, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Iran, Iraq, North Korea, Pakistan, Russian Federation, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Venezuela, West Bank and Gaza, and Yemen).
● An academic department (or the equivalent) at a degree-granting institution of higher education
● A university-affiliated or public research institute that is actively engaged in research training as well as research
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● FAQ: https://seedinglabs.org/rfa2017-faqs/
● Apply: https://www.grantinterface.com/seedinglabs/Common/LogOn.aspx
● Help Document: https://seedinglabs.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/SL_Foundant_2016.pdf
How to apply:
● Interested applicant may apply through the 2017 Instrumental Access application form that can be accessed and must be submitted via online portal (https://www.grantinterface.com/seedinglabs/Common/LogOn.aspx ).
● Applications must be submitted in English.
● Applications are typically submitted by a department head, professor, or administrator on behalf of the department or institution.
● Letters of support from the university’s Vice Chancellor or equivalent and two additional members of the applicant department are also required.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh