Donor Name: National Endowment for Democracy (NED)
Funding name: The NED Grants Program
Funding brief: The National Endowment for Democracy (NED) makes direct grants to hundreds of non-governmental organizations worldwide working to advance democratic goals and strengthen democratic institutions.
NED is interested in proposals from local, independent organizations for nonpartisan programs that seek to:
● Promote and defend human rights and the rule of law
● Support freedom of information and independent media
● Strengthen democratic ideas and values
● Promote accountability and transparency
● Strengthen civil society organizations
● Strengthen democratic political processes and institutions
● Promote civic education
● Support democratic conflict resolution
● Promote freedom of association
● Strengthen a broad-based market economy
● September 30, 2016
● January 23, 2017
● April 7, 2017
● June 16, 2017
Funding details link: http://www.ned.org/apply-for-grant/en/
Funding limit: Grant amounts vary depending on the size and scope of the projects, but the average grant is around $50,000.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Grant amounts vary depending on the size and scope of the projects, but the average grant lasts 12 months.
● NED funds only nongovernmental organizations, which may include civic organizations, associations, independent media, and other similar organizations.
● NED encourages applications from organizations working in diverse environments including newly established democracies, semi-authoritarian countries, highly repressive societies and countries undergoing democratic transitions.
● NED does not make grants to individuals, governmental bodies, or state-supported institutions such as public universities.
Eligibility: As above
Submission mail: PROPOSALS@NED.ORG
Other important link:
● Guideline: http://www.ned.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/PropGuide-EN-0912.pdf
● PROPOSAL COVER SHEET (PDF) (DOC): http://www.ned.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/PCS-EN-0912.pdf
● Additional guidance: http://www.ned.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/AddGuide-EN-0912.pdf
● Budget template: http://www.ned.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/BG-EN-0912.xls
● Budget sample: http://www.ned.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/BGSample-EN-0712.pdf
● Step-by-Step Online Application Instructions:http://www.ned.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/INSTR-EN-0113.pdf
NED statement of principles and objectives: http://www.ned.org/about/statement-of-principles-and-objectives/
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the following steps-
● Apply online: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_1280?SA=SNA&FID=35048
● Apply by email: Send all of the application materials by email to PROPOSALS@NED.ORG.
● Apply by post: Send all of the application materials to National Endowment for Democracy: Attn: Grant Proposals, 1025 F Street NW, Suite 800, Washington, DC 20004 USA.
● Apply by fax: +1 (202) 378-9407
● Interested applicants need to prepare proposal cover sheet, proposal narrative, proposal budget in the prescribed format and send or upload as per instruction of the donor.
● Please include your Certificate of Registration or other documentation showing the legal status of your organization.
● If your organization is not registered, this documentation is not required. Instead, please include an explanation (in the Proposal Cover Sheet) as to why your organization is not registered and the status of any pending applications for registration.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh