Donor Name: The Genesis Charitable Trust
Funding name: The Genesis Charitable Trust Fund
Funding brief: The provision of grants for public benefit to help individuals and communities within developing countries to improve their standards of living. Genesis Charitable Trust has broad objects and an interest in projects that provide sustainable, long-term income generation and self-sufficiency, especially those making a demonstrable positive impact on marginalized communities currently beyond the reach of traditional government or market-based solutions.
The Trust takes sustainable income to mean “development which meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs”.
The Trust prioritizes income-generating projects in developing countries. It actively seeks to support:
● Entrepreneurial initiatives
● Targeted improvement of economic opportunities
● Improvements to the efficiency of markets and the ease of doing business
Deadline: They review applications throughout the year.
Funding details link: https://www.giml.co.uk/charitable-trust.php
Funding limit: At application stage, the Trust does not set a minimum or maximum grant value, although it is exceptional for grant payments to exceed £400,000 in any single year of a project.
Special Notes: Potential grantee organizations are reviewed, and those that are felt to be potentially eligible for a grant will be invited to submit to a second-stage screening involving an interview and detailed financial review.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: There is no minimum or maximum timescale for project delivery. Short pilots, one-off awards and projects lasting around three years are considered equally.
● The Trust carefully assesses underlying needs within project countries, and they give priority to projects located in countries where we can best utilize our existing knowledge and business network.They will only consider applications from organizations that comply with the following eligibility criteria:
● registered as a non-profit organization in their operating country, or associated with an organization recorded on an official register of charities (asset-locked and tax-exempt for charitable purposes) in the UK, the US, Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand or Singapore.
● Works in a developing country indicated in the country list. (NB. The Trustees will not consider applications for projects that take place outside countries indicated on this list).
● addresses the needs of disadvantaged communities.
Priority will be given to organizations which:
● have a track record in activities that accord with our income-generation priorities can demonstrate positive effects of their interventions
● are cost-effective in their approach
● have good governance and financial management
● engage beneficiaries and people who are local to beneficiaries in management and decision-making
● work to achieve sustainability of the social mission, by developing local capacity to increase resilience and independence.
Eligibility: As above
Submission mail: GenesisCharitableTrust@giml.co.uk
Other important link:
● Country list: https://www.giml.co.uk/pdf/Genesis%20Charitable%20Trust%20online%20application%20country%20list%20(issued%20160416).docx
● Form: https://www.giml.co.uk/pdf/SF_Nov%202015_P.docx
How to apply:Complete the application form and email it to GenesisCharitableTrust@giml.co.uk
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh