Donor Name: Safe Abortion Action Fund (SAAF)
Funding name: Safe Abortion Action Fund (SAAF) Fund
Funding brief: The Safe Abortion Action Fund (SAAF) works toward a world where women’s rights to safe and legal abortion are established and protected, women are empowered to exercise these rights and women’s lives are saved. Hosted by the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), SAAF supports local and grassroots organizations, providing flexible grants for projects that:
● Increase access to quality abortion services with a focus on addressing the needs of poor, Vulnerable and hard to reach women and girls
● Support legal and policy reforms in countries where abortion is restricted
● Tackle negative societal norms and attitudes towards abortion, in order to create an enabling environment that ensures every woman and girl has access to quality abortion services
● Generate and disseminate evidence to improve the quality and effectiveness of abortion programming and advocacy strategies
Type of project activities:
● Grant stream 1: Supporting progressive abortion laws and policies through targeted advocacy
● Grant stream 2: Breaking the silence and changing attitudes and norms towards abortion through awareness raising and behavior change.
● Grant stream 3: Improving access to safe abortion services
● Grant stream 4: Generating understanding and evidence on abortion through research
Deadline: The deadline for submitting the concept note is 21 May 2017 at midnight BST/London time.
Funding details link: http://www.saafund.org/call-for-applications-1
Funding limit: The maximum grant will be US$130,000 for up to two years.
Special Notes: Attached the following attachment along with the application form-
● Application form with all the sections completed maximum 11 pages(word document)
● Certificate of Registration of the organization (if the project is through a group of organizations or network, please provide this information only for the leading organization).
● List of other projects, including their financial sources, currently being undertaken by the organization
● Your most recent audited financial statements (if the project is through a network/alliance, please provide this information only for the leading organization).
Project start date: Projects will start no earlier than 1st October 2017.
Project duration: 24 Months. Project start dates will be no earlier than 1 October 2017. The latest end date possible is 30 September 2019.
● Only local and grassroots organizations registered in countries listed in Annex 1 will be eligible for funding. SAAF will give priority to least developed and low-income countries (the first two columns of the list), conflict areas and countries with high levels of unsafe abortion. SAAF can fund projects led by individual organizations, a group of organizations or national and regional networks based in the Global South.
● Organizations without a formal registration will be allowed to apply if they have a fiscal sponsor. A fiscal sponsor is a registered organization that will sign the contract with SAAF on the applicant´s behalf. The applicant and the fiscal sponsor must have a written memorandum of understanding outlining their respective roles and responsibilities. The fiscal sponsor must be based in one of the eligible countries (preferably in the same country as the applicant). The fiscal sponsor will be subjected to due diligence checks by the SAAF Secretariat.
Eligibility: As above
Submission mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other important link:
● Guideline: http://www.saafund.org/s/SAAF-R4-Application-Guidelines.pdf
● Country list: http://www.saafund.org/eligible-countries
How to apply: Application forms and relevant documentation should be sent by email to email@example.com .
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh