Donor Name: Melania
Funding name: No Specific Fund Name
Funding brief: Melania is a Dutch women’s organization, which aims at fostering direct partnership between women’s groups in the Netherlands and groups of grassroots women in several countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Melania focuses on micro women projects, which help women to improve their own situations.
Criteria: The project should originate from a local initiative taken by several (organized) women to improve their social, economical and/or cultural position and raises their level of consciousness and organization.
● The project is directed towards grass root women (low income groups).
● The women’s group is responsible for project planning, implementation and sustaining.
● The women’s group should be willing and able to communicate with the Dutch ’sister group’ (letter writing, progress reports).
● The Melania financial contribution facilitates the start of the project. Building the capacity to become self supporting is necessary to avoid financial dependence on Melania.
● Melania supports projects in the following fields:
● awareness and organization
● management training
● literacy training and (informal) education
● crop farming, livestock farming
● improvement/protection of natural environment
● health and nutrition
● small-scale trade processing and other income generating activities.
Deadline: Not Found
Funding details link: http://www.melania.nl/english-summery/
Funding limit: Melania does not have funds of its own to finance projects. Requests for financial support are screened by the Project Committee of Melania and after approval are subsequently proposed to Dutch women’s groups.
The Dutch women’s groups will raise the necessary funds to support the project of their respective ‘sister group’ in the South. It is up to the Dutch group to decide upon the project they wish to support. Their financial support should enable the sister group to implement small-scale activities of their own choice.
Only self-help projects, which contribute to the improvement of the social, economical and cultural position of women, are considered.
● Please contact with the donor for more details and clarification (Melania Development Cooperation, P.O. Box 16440, 2500 BK Den Haag, The Netherlands, email@example.com, www.melania.nl ).
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: Groups of grassroots women in several countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America including Netherlands.
Eligibility: As above
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
How to apply: An application should clearly describe:
● situation of the area/country and aim of the project
● target group, their participation in initiating, executing and sustaining the project
● proposed activities and possible bottlenecks
● available resources and local contribution
● nature, duration and budget of the project
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh