Donor Name: Foundation Future of the Carbon Market
Funding name: Foundation Future of the Carbon Market Fund
Funding brief: The Foundation Future of the Carbon Market (Stiftung Zukunft des Kohlenstoffmarktes) focuses on the support of market based programmatic emission mitigation approaches in developing countries. This includes in particular the CDM’s programmatic approach, Programmes of Activities (PoA), but also initiatives which are developed outside the framework given by the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, can be eligible for funding, if they are aligned with the funding criteria.
Based on the belief that the principle underlying programmatic mitigation approaches is also of strategic importance for future mechanisms of international climate finance, the Foundation would like to fund measures that:
● support the dissemination of the programmatic project approach;
● use the market to exploit further emission reduction potentials;
● acquire knowledge and experience that might be valuable for future carbon market mechanisms and enhance the ability of countries hosting the PoAs to develop more far-reaching climate policies.
Criteria: The funding decision of the Foundation shall be made on basis of the following promotion criteria:
● The project shall generate emission reductions, in particular in accordance with the Kyoto Protocol or any follow-up agreements or any other bilateral or multilateral agreements in the field of climate protection,
● The project is of strategic significance for the climate-protection policy of the host country and shall have positive impacts on development and climate, The project shall have the potential to generate emission reductions on an average scale of at least 25,000 t CO2eq per year,
● The project is environmentally sustainable and socially-compatible,
● The emission reductions generated by the project shall be verified and, if possible, also certified by an independent third party,
● Certifiable projects should be able to show realistic marketing prospects for the remaining emission certificates.
● The project partners should be able to successfully carry out the project on the basis of their own implementation skills. The Foundation will not assume any implementation tasks in the implementation of the project.
Deadline: Project proposals are reviewed continuously throughout the year, there is no deadline for submitting an application.
Funding details link: http://www.carbonmarket-foundation.org/funding
Funding limit: The maximum volume for start-up financing from the Foundation per PoA is not to exceed EUR 2 million.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: Projects in Least Developed Countries (LDCs) are particularly eligible for promotion.
Submission mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other important link:
● CDM PoA Application Form: http://www.carbonmarket-foundation.org/userfiles/zdk/Application-Form_CDM-PoA.doc
● Non CDM Application Form: http://www.carbonmarket-foundation.org/userfiles/zdk/Application-Form_non-CDM.doc
How to apply:
● To apply for funding please fill out the relevant Application form, attach the required documents mentioned in it and send it to email@example.com.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh