Donor Name: US Department of State-Bureau of South and Central Asian Affairs
Funding name: South Asia Regional Connectivity Program
Funding Opportunity Number: SCA-SCAAQM-17-001
Funding brief: The U.S. Department of State, Bureau of South and Central Asian Affairs (SCA) announces an open competition for organizations interested in submitting cooperative agreement proposal applications that seek to support and enhance connectivity in South Asia. Through the provision of technical assistance and the promotion of regional cooperation, U.S. assistance focusing on issues relating to economic growth and trade facilitation, security, and environmental resource management will facilitate sustainable, broad-based, and participatory development outcomes over the long term.
With this project, SCA seeks to:
● Reduce land-based sources of pollution in South Asia waters including streams, rivers, lakes, marine bays and coastal surface, and ground waters in the context of the water, energy, and food/agriculture nexus.
● Promote cooperation and reduce conflicts over shared waters.
Through the implementation of this cooperative agreement SCA and the recipient will strive to achieve the following:
● Evaluate new and current agricultural, livestock and other land-based pollution control strategies and policies for water resource management;
● Enhance capacity to implement strategies to reduce agricultural pollution in South Asia waters through workshops and technical assistance training;
● Enhance capacity of South Asian agriculture and water resource experts to improve operations and maintenance practices for the reduction of pollutants and improvement of water quality;
● Promote good integrated water resource management (IWRM) related to agricultural, livestock, and other land-based water pollution;
● Promote cross-border and regional cooperation on shared waters.
Category of Funding Activity:
● Business and Commerce
● Community Development
● Employment, Labor and Training
● Food and Nutrition
● Natural Resources
● Regional Development
Deadline: June, 09th, 2017
Funding details link: https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=293448
Funding limit: SCA anticipates supporting approximately two (2) successful applications (one for Project 1 and one for Project 2) submitted in response to this NOFO, subject to the availability of funding. Proposals should respond to only one of the two projects outlined herein. Applications and organizations responding to both projects will not be accepted.
Applications should request funding based on the following minimum “floor” and maximum “ceiling” amounts. Cooperative agreement proposal amounts not falling within these ranges will not be accepted.
● (Project 1): Approximately $490,000 for a South Asia Regional water and agricultural pollution technical assistance initiative.
● Minimum (“Floor”) Award Amount: $300,000
● Maximum (“Ceiling”) Award Amount: $490,000
● (Project 2): Approximately $195,000 for a South Asia Regional Connectivity Conference.
● Minimum (“Floor”) Award Amount: $100,000
● Maximum (“Ceiling”) Award Amount: $195,000
Project start date: Applicants should include an anticipated start date between September, 2017 – December, 2017.
Project duration: Applicants should include a planned period of performance of 18-36 months for each project respectively contained herein.
Eligible organization: As below
● Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
● Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
● Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
● Others (see text field entitled “Additional Information on Eligibility” for clarification)
● Private institutions of higher education
● Foreign public entities
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Department of State Standard Terms and Conditions: https://www.statebuy.state.gov/fa/Pages/TermsandConditions.aspx http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?tpl=/ecfrbrowse/Title02/2cfr200_main_02.tpl
How to apply:
● All documents are in English and all costs are in U.S. dollars;
● All pages are numbered, including budgets and attachments;
● All documents are formatted to 8 ½ x 11 paper;
● All documents are single-spaced, 12 point Times New Roman font, with 1-inch margins. Captions and footnotes may be 10 point Times New Roman font. Font sizes in charts and tables, including the budget, can be reformatted to fit within 1 page width;
● Applicants are encouraged to combine multiple documents in a single Word Document or PDF.
● Interested applicant may apply through the website (www.Grants.gov )
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh