Donor Name: The Konosuke Matsushita Memorial Foundation
Funding name: Research Grants
Funding brief: The funds (Research Grant) are provided to assist original and challenging international research which meets social as well as academic demands in the fields of humanities and social sciences.
Objective: Two major objectives of The Konosuke Matsushita Memorial Foundation are
● to contribute to the society by promoting international understanding and
● to realize the society where mankind respect and harmonize with nature under the concept -coexistence of Nature and Mankind-.
In line with this goal, the foundation provides funds to research activities in the areas of humanities and social sciences which pertain to above mentioned two objectives.
Deadline: May, 11th, (Thursday), 2017
Funding details link: http://matsushita-konosuke-zaidan.or.jp/en/works/research/promotion_research_01.html
● The maximum amount of grant per student/researcher is 500,000 yen.
● The amount of each grant will be assessed by the content of each research project and the rationality of its budget.
● Number of Grant Recipients: Around 50 students/researchers
Project start date: October 1, 2017
Project duration: Term of grants shall be one year from October 1, 2017 to September 30, 2018.
Eligible organization: As below
● Focus and Scope of Research:
* Research activities of social, academic and international needs in the areas of humanities and social sciences which promote international understanding and/or coexistence of Nature and Mankind. Those should contribute to the society by developing personnel with international perspective, establishing international relationships, solving various issues existing between Japan and other countries, and coexistence of Nature and Mankind.; Especially pioneering research based on creative ideas is welcomed.
● Students in doctoral course and researchers within five years after finishing doctoral course, Who have not received grants from the foundation in the past., (Eligibility must be judged with your position when you submit the application sheet.).
● There are no restrictions based on nationality, affiliation, or area of residence.
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
How to apply:
● Make your application document
● Get the letter of recommendation
● Get your “Reference Number” by registering your application through the following web site (https://matsushita-konosuke-zaidan.or.jp/system/src/form/application.php?mode=2)
● Write down your Reference Number in the specified section in all the application forms. (Application forms without Reference Number is INVALID.)
● Convert application xls file to pdf file. Convert printed reference letter to pdf or jpg file. Be careful to set Application size to “A4” not “Letter”.
● Upload application and letter of recommendation through the following website (https://matsushita-konosuke-zaidan.or.jp/system/src/form/login.php?mode=2).
● You have to upload “Application” and “Recommendation” at the same time.
● When “Recommendation” is sent directly from recommender, please upload dummy file as “Recommendation” that says “Recommendation will be sent directly.”
● If uploading is difficult, you may send the application form and the letter of recommendation to the Foundation by post (The Konosuke Matsushita Memorial Foundation 1006 Kadoma, Osaka 571-8501, Japan, Tel:81-6-6908-4488, Fax:81-6-6906-4124, E-mail:email@example.com ).
● Please do not print on both sides of papers. (The document should be anopisthographic.)
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh