Donor Name: The International SeaKeepers Society
Funding name: The SeaKeepers DISCOVERY Yachts program
Funding brief: The International SeaKeepers Society is currently accepting research proposals for DISCOVERY Yacht expeditions. The SeaKeepers DISCOVERY Yachts program provides marine scientists with a unique and cost effective platform for at sea research by placing researchers on privately owned vessels to conduct oceanographic research. SeaKeepers is committed to promoting ocean research, education and conservation. We are looking for high impact projects that support our missions, foster scientific collaboration and stimulate further exploration.
Deadline: Proposals are accepted on a rolling basis.
Funding details link: http://www.seakeepers.org/what-we-do/discovery-yachts/proposal/
Funding limit: The SeaKeepers DISCOVERY Yachts program provides marine scientists with a unique and cost effective platform for at sea research by placing researchers on privately owned vessels to conduct oceanographic research.
● For each expedition a scientist is paired with a vessel that can meet the required research needs, including location, itinerary and vessel specifications outlined in the research proposal. The yacht owners’ scientific interests are also taken into account when pairing scientists and their projects with their vessels. Therefore, it is important that submitted proposals speak to the scientific significance of the project, the outreach and broader impact potential and the proposed involvement of the owners, guests and crew on board.
● Principal Investigators are responsible for obtaining and financing any required research permits. Travel expenses to/from the vessel are not routinely covered.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: As below
● Only the Principal Investigator (PI) may submit a proposal. The PI for an expedition must have a 4-year college degree and at least two years work experience in the field. The PI must be affiliated with a reputable academic, government, private or not-for-profit institution or organization. The PI must have support from his/her institution and be able to acquire all necessary permits for the proposed expedition.
Submission mail: email@example.com
Other important link:
● Yacht Donation Program: http://www.seakeepers.org/yacht-donations/
How to apply: All submitted research proposals must meet the following criteria:
● PDF Format, no more than 6 pages single-spaced 12-point standard font, 1” margins. Clearly state project title, goals, intended impacts, background information and/or previous related research, methodology, targeted location and timeline.
● Identify the Principal Investigator and all involved researchers and participants, their position title, affiliation and role in the expedition. Include a brief (one paragraph per person) biographical sketch for each researcher describing research, fieldwork and educational background. Provide current contact information for Principal Investigator.
● Specify any equipment to be brought on board. All instruments, gear, consumables and chemicals brought by researchers will have to be pre-approved. There will be no invasive or permanent installations of any instruments, gear or laboratory spaces on our vessels.
● Specify any necessary vessel requirements, including number of berths (for overnight expeditions), deck space, water access, crane capacity, satellite communications, water depth restrictions, etc.
● Declare current status on funding: Is this project, or any part of this project, already funded? If yes, for how much and by whom?
● Submit the final proposal via email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh