Donor Name: The Walt Disney Company
Funding name: The Disney Conservation Fund
Funding brief: The wellbeing of people is deeply connected to the health of the planet. That’s why the Disney Conservation Fund grants support projects with a holistic approach to conservation – blending both scientific research and community engagement to protect wildlife and their habitats.
To date the fund has awarded more than $65 million to projects in 115 countries through its annual grants program.
The Disney Conservation Fund has a long history of supporting organizations working with communities to prepare for and respond to disasters or conservation emergencies. This year the Disney Conservation Fund is proud to be supporting the International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW) to help carry forward this commitment to helping communities and animals when they need it the most.
● The proposal should be cooperative in nature and may have matching funds.
● The proposal should clearly contribute to the conservation of endangered or threatened species in the wild, their habitats and engage the communities that surround them through community-based education programs or support sustainable community development projects that assist communities in protecting nature.
● The proposal should build on previous work including an established commitment to a conservation program OR is well suited to become or contribute to a long-term conservation program.
● The principle investigator affirms that the welfare of the animals identified in this study is not compromised. Specifically, the principle investigator affirms that:
● Capture/restraint techniques minimize stress and the potential for physical injury or psychological harm
● Immobilization/anesthesia is done under the direct supervision of a veterinarian or other trained professional
● Exposure to noxious stimuli and presumptive negative effects are minimized with administration of anesthetic and/or analgesic agents where appropriate
● The DCF will accept inquiries for the 2018 granting cycle from October 1, 2017- November 17, 2017 (11:59pm EST).
● Inquiry Deadline: 11:59pm, EST, November 11th, 2016
● Proposals Due: 11:59pm, EST, March 3rd, 2017
Funding details link: https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/environment/
Funding limit: For emergency funding needs you may contact us anytime for our Rapid Response Fund grant application. Grants are generally between $5,000 and $10,000 but may be larger depending on the scale of the emergency/response. Starting in 2017 the DCF will consider requests for a maximum of $50,000 to be provided over a grant period of two years.
● They will also consider support for projects focused on species/habitats featured at Disney’s Animal Kingdom or The Seas with Nemo and Friends at Epcot. If you are interested in applying for conservation funding but your project takes place outside of the priority areas (Bangladesh is not on the list but may apply), please contact the DCF team at Corp.Conservation@disney.com to share the country (for Bangladesh) where your project takes place and the species you are focused on to see if it may be considered.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Starting in 2017 the DCF will consider requests for a maximum of $50,000 to be provided over a grant period of two years.
Eligible organization: As below
● They encourage scientists, students and institutions to work with nonprofit organizations to apply. Organizations must have U.S. nonprofit status. NGOs outside the U.S. can apply in partnership with a U.S. organization. The U.S. organization accepts accounting responsibility.
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● FAQ: https://ditm-twdc-us.storage.googleapis.com/Annual-Conservation-Grants-Frequently-Asked-Questions.pdf
● Disaster Response Grant: http://www.ifaw.org/united-states/our-work/animal-rescue/how-apply-grant
How to apply:
● Submit an inquiry form by the deadline — no invitation code is required for this step. Projects that are a good fit for our criteria will be provided with additional details to submit a full application.
● Point of Contact: Leslie Wells Corporate Citizenship- Strategic Philanthropy P.O. Box 10000 Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830 Phone: 407-938-2795 E-mail: Corp.Conservation@Disney.com.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh