Donor Name: Waitt Foundation
Funding name: The Rapid Ocean Conservation (ROC) Grants Program
Funding brief: The Rapid Ocean Conservation (ROC) Grants Program is a project of the Waitt Foundation. ROC Grants provide small grants with a quick turnaround time for solutions to emerging conservation issues. This complements the Waitt Foundation’s existing major grants program and is responsive to conservation opportunities, supports higher-risk ideas at a low financial cost, and engages with small, local NGOs on a global scale. Small grants are for big ocean conservation opportunities.
Criteria: Grants will fund projects related to the Waitt Foundation mission of supporting sustainable fishing and marine protected areas (MPAs). This includes sub-themes of:
● Scientific Research – Includes natural science or social science projects. For example, collecting baseline data before coastal development or MPA establishment, or studying fishery effects of a natural (e.g. tsunami) or man-made (e.g. oil spill) disaster.
● Policy – Includes opportunistic projects around unique public policy windows, such as preparation of policy analysis and support of experts’ efforts to inform decision makers on upcoming government actions. For example, a cost-benefit analysis of proposed fishing regulations, or travel expenses for a delegation of scientists to educate elected officials.
● Management – Includes enforcement and infrastructure support. For example, stop-gap funding to increase enforcement capacity in light of a sudden uptick in illegal dynamite fishing, or training personnel to enforce new regulations about to go into effect.
● Communications – Includes raising public awareness and engaging stakeholders, including advertising by a 501(c)3 group around a public policy moment. For example, a PR blitz (e.g. billboards or radio adds) to educate the public in advance of government action on an ocean conservation measure, or training local people to become citizen scientists or enforcement tipsters.
Deadline: There are no deadlines for submitting an application.
Funding details link: http://waittfoundation.org/roc-grants/
Funding limit: Proposals for grants up to $10,000 will be reviewed on a monthly rolling basis. Proposals up to $15,000 will be considered, but granted highly infrequently.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: Small, local NGOs
● Project must support sustainable fishing and/or MPAs as elaborated in the program focus section.
● Applicants need not hold advanced degrees, but must demonstrate a commensurate level of experience and expertise with respect to the proposed project.
● Applicants must have and maintain legitimate affiliation with an academic institution or NGO for the duration of the grant project.
● ROC grants should constitute the sole or primary source of funding for the proposed project, not serve as complementary funding for larger, more costly projects.
● Spending of grant funds must commence within 1 month of granting, and be completed within 6 months.
● Funds cannot be used for event sponsorships (e.g. conferences, workshops).
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Apply: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_288/?SA=SNA&FID=35005
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_288/?SA=SNA&FID=35005 ).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh