Donor Name: Nagao Natural Environment Foundation
Funding name: Research Grant Programme
Funding brief: The Research Grant Programme financially supports academic and scientific research that will deepen knowledge of the nature conservation in developing countries in the Asia-Pacific region. With the aim of strengthening research capacity of young researchers in that region, grants are available only for individual researchers, but not for groups/teams, to enhance their skills, knowledge, and experience through their own research work.
Deadline: Application deadlines for this year are twice a year: 17 April 2017 and 16 October 2017.
Funding details link: http://www.nagaofoundation.or.jp/e/research/research.html#apply
Funding limit: The maximum grant size in this programme is 500,000 Japanese yen per project for a maximum duration of two year.
● Grant recipients may submit a renewal application to continue the funded research project in subsequent year(s). Those recipients wishing renewal should follow the same application procedure above. The NEF Selection Committee evaluates progress/final reports and other items resulting from the funded research as well as renewal application. Please be sure that submission of renewal application does not guarantee additional grant funding.
● Submission of such additional applications is acceptable after completion of the funded projects and up to one time.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: 2 Years
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: An applicant must:
● be a national of developing country in the Asia-Pacific region (see 3. Target countries and regions below);
● be a researcher/scientist, who works full-time or is enrolled in a doctoral course, conducting research at a research institution or relevant organization in one of the target countries listed in 3. Target countries and regions below;
● have sufficient experience and skills in conducting and managing the proposed research;
● be able to communicate in English;
● not have another application to the NEF; AND
● not have another on-going research or publication project funded by the NEF at the time of application submission.
A proposed research project must:
● be scientific research contributing to the nature conservation of the country where the applicant currently works or studies;
● be carried out in the country where the applicant currently works or studies;
● involve fieldwork for collecting data;
● be applicant’s own research work (team projects are ineligible.);
● achieve its objective(s) and submit reports within one to two years as scheduled; AND
● be exclusively funded by the NEF Research Grant Programme, or co-funded with the applicant’s institution.
Submission mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other important link:
● Forms: http://www.nagaofoundation.or.jp/e/research/forms.html
● Guideline: http://www.nagaofoundation.or.jp/e/research/documents/Guideline_rg_01.pdf
● Form: http://www.nagaofoundation.or.jp/e/research/documents/Application_Form_rg.doc
How to apply:
● Applicants are required to submit: a completed application form and a recommendation letter.
● All documents (a completed application form and a recommendation letter) should be submitted to the NEF Secretariat by e-mail (email@example.com ) in MS Word or PDF or by fax (+81-3-6659-2272).
● If e-mail access or fax is unavailable, hard copies can be mailed to: NEF Secretariat, Nagao Natural Environment Foundation, 3-3-7 Kotobashi, Sumida-ku, Tokyo 130-0022 Japan.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh