Donor Name: Association of Field Ornithologists
Funding name: The Pamela and Alexander F. Skutch Research Award
Funding brief: The Pamela and Alexander F. Skutch Research Award supports minimally invasive research into the life histories, especially social relations and reproduction, of little known birds of the continental Neotropics, including Trinidad and Tobago.
Deadline: 15 July
Funding details link: http://afonet.org/wp_english/grants-awards/skutch-award/
Funding limit: One award of up to $10,000 US is offered annually.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: As below
● The Association of Field Ornithologists welcomes applications for funding from amateur or professional ornithologists of any nationality. Preference will be given to applicants that have had some previous experience with the geographic region (and if possible, the specific locality) as well as the bird species involved in the proposed study. Applicants and/or their primary research supervisor must be members of the Association of Field Ornithologists (prior to the application deadline) to be eligible for an award. To become a member of the AFO, please visit http://www.osnabirds.org/ .
● Preference will be given to applicants proposing studies that are expected to produce results that can be published in peer-reviewed scientific journals. All awardees are encouraged to consider publishing at least some of their findings in the Journal of Field Ornithology. In addition, publication of less technical accounts in popular magazines or books is encouraged. Awardees are also strongly encouraged to present the results of their research at an annual meeting of the Association of Field Ornithologists. Awardees can apply to the AFO for assistance with travel expenses.
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Apply: http://afonet.org/wp_english/grants-awards/skutch-application/
● Form: http://afonet.org/grants/Skutch/Skutch_english.docx
How to apply:
● Applications may be submitted in English, Spanish, or Portuguese. Application requirements are described in detail in the Skutch Award Application Form (MS Word or PDF). En español (MS Word o PDF). Em português (MS Word ou PDF).
● You can now apply online using application form (http://afonet.org/wp_english/grants-awards/skutch-application/).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh