Donor Name: World Wide Fund For Nature, Hong Kong
Funding name: Asian Waterbird Conservation Fund
Funding brief: The Asian Waterbird Conservation Fund (the ‘Fund’) was established in July 2005 to provide financial support for projects at sites of importance for migratory water birds in Asia of the East Asian – Australasian Flyway.
The goal of the Fund is to support projects on the ground in Asia that will lead to the conservation or protection of migratory waterbirds and their wetland habitats in the EAAF, particularly through partnership with the local community at the site.
Categories: All applications received will be assigned by the Secretariat to either of the following two categories:
● Category 1: General Project
● Projects at sites that support significant population of EAAF’s migratory waterbirds with international/regional conservation importance;
● Projects at sites that are recognized as being important for the conservation of migratory waterbirds in the EAAF in Asia;
● Category 2: Priority Shorebird Project
● Projects at sites that support regionally significant population of EAAF’s 20 priority shorebird populations as identified in “Regional (EAAF) Red List” (Appendix 1);
● Projects at sites that are recognized as being important for the conservation of the 20 priority shorebird populations as identified in “Regional (EAAF) Red List” in the EAAF in Asia;
● Project from each category will be vet according to the following criteria:
● Engaging local community living in and adjacent to the project site on the conservation of migratory waterbirds and their wetland habitats;
● Leading to the long-term protection and/or sustainable management of the wetland habitats of migratory waterbirds at the project site;
● Raising awareness of the importance of migratory waterbirds and their wetland habitats amongst the local stakeholders;
● Enhancing scientific knowledge building on the migratory waterbirds with international/regional conservation importance and on the solutions to their significant threats facing;
● Urgently needed to prevent irreversible adverse impact;
● Having long-term implications beyond project duration;
● Having difficulty in obtaining funding from elsewhere.
Deadline: There will be a single call for applications to the Fund each year with the annual deadline being 31 October.
Funding limit: The maximum amount that can be applied for each project will not exceed US$5,000.
Special Notes: Besides the annual application in October, at the Committee discretion, the Fund may actively seek opportunities to grant 1-2 important conservation programmes/projects annually, with an amount not exceeding US$10,000 per programme/project.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: Groups such as non-government and community organizations, academic and research institutes. Government authority might also be considered.
Eligibility: As above
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Form: http://awsassets.wwfhk.panda.org/downloads/awcf_application_form.doc
● Guideline: http://awsassets.wwfhk.panda.org/downloads/guideline_for_applicants_apr16.pdf
How to apply: Contact with the authority (email@example.com)
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh