Donor Name: Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS)
Funding name: 2017 Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers (Japan Award)
Funding brief: This annual award is organized by the Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Research Council (AFFRC), the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF), Japan, and supported by Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS). Its purpose is to increase motivation among young researchers contributing to research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries and related industries in developing regions. Young researchers who show outstanding performance and research achievements that may lead to future innovation will be commended with the Award.
Deadline: May 26, 2017 (Fri.)
Funding details link: https://www.jircas.go.jp/en/young_award/2017
Funding limit: The award winners will be invited to Japan to receive their awards personally and present their research results and achievements. The winners will be bestowed a testimonial by the Chairman of the AFFRC during the commendation ceremony and will also receive a cash prize of US$5,000 each from JIRCAS.
Criteria: The Selection Committee will give consideration to the following perspectives in evaluating and judging the applicants’ performance and research achievements for this award:
● The research and development have shown abundant originality.
● Achievements in the research and development have been objectively evaluated, e.g., by being published in academic or technical journals.
● The research and development have provided consideration for the development of agriculture, forestry, fisheries or related industries in developing countries in terms of dissemination and commercialization.
● The research and development have shown potential for great development and for leading to future technological and methodological innovations, even when it might not be fully completed or not diffused enough at the present time.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
● Should be under the age of 40 (as of January 1, 2017)
● Should be researchers who have the nationality of developing countries and/or territories, belong to a non-Japanese research institute or a non-Japanese university
● Should be engaged in research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries and related industries in developing regions
● Must be able to attend the commendation ceremony and deliver a lecture on November 2, 2017.
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Guideline: https://www.jircas.go.jp/sites/default/files/Guideline-2017_en.pdf
● Form: https://www.jircas.go.jp/sites/default/files/Form1-2017_en.doc
How to apply:
● Submit applications and inquiry by post to Secretariat of the Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers Public Relations Office, Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS), 1-1, Ohwashi Tsukuba City, Ibaraki 305-8686 Japan.
● Applications must be prepared according to the “Instructions in the Preparation of Application Forms” and submitted by the recommending institute by post. Moreover, word-processed files of each form must be submitted by the recommending institute via email as they will be used for the preparation of a short-list.
● Only one researcher can be recommended from each institute, including its branches. If an institute recommends two candidates or more, the Secretariat will ask the institute to choose one. If the institute does not respond by the due date, all applications from that institute will be excluded. The application must include supporting materials that substantiate the candidate’s achievements, such as the applicant’s most important research papers (three items), technical handbooks, patent applications or utility models, newspaper articles etc., and the entire publication list directly related to the applicant’s research. Applications that are insufficient or incorrect will be excluded from the evaluation.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh