Donor Name: The Fruit Tree Planting Foundation (FTPF)
Funding name: The Fruit Tree Planting Foundation (FTPF) Fund
Funding brief: The Fruit Tree Planting Foundation (FTPF) is an award-winning international nonprofit charity dedicated to planting fruitful trees and plants to alleviate world hunger, combat global warming, strengthen communities, and improve the surrounding air, soil, and water.
FTPF programs strategically donate orchards where the harvest will best serve communities for generations, at places such as community gardens, public schools, city/state parks, low-income neighborhoods, Native American reservations, international hunger relief sites, and animal sanctuaries.
Deadline: Unless otherwise stated in the website for a particular program, there is no deadline for applications. FTPF accepts applications on a rolling basis.
Funding details link: http://www.ftpf.org/apply.htm
Funding limit: As below
● Orchard donations are available for recipients who pledge to care for their trees and utilize them for a charitable purpose. If selected for an orchard donation, FTPF provides high-quality fruit trees and shrubs, equipment, on-site orchard design expertise and oversight, horticultural workshops, and aftercare training and manuals. FTPF subsidizes deer fencing and drip irrigation as needed, and incorporate these installations into the event day. FTPF also helps coordinate all aspects of the planting, and offers an inspirational, educational experience for volunteers interested in learning more about trees. Free arboricultural workshops are available throughout the day of the planting and, for schools, a fun, age-appropriate curriculum, with their educators, emphasizing the importance of trees for the environment and fruit in the diet is available.
● The goal is to provide enthusiastic orchardists with the physical materials and training tools needed to grow vibrant fruit trees to improve the surrounding environment and provide a local source of healthy nutrition.
● FTPF highly encourages anyone interested in an FTPF orchard to apply at their earliest convenience. They often have unexpected opportunities or cancellations that allow us to incorporate additional plantings into thier calendar year, and they always turn to submitted applications first. Often times, with patience, they are able to make worthy projects happen if they have the information in thier system.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: As below
● Recipients must be nonprofits, NGOs, public schools, or government entities serving a charitable purpose. Most of their programs are implemented in the U.S., however, we do consider international projects as well.
● Recipients must be fully committed to caring for the trees in perpetuity with a clear goal to use the orchard to further their charitable mission.
● Recipients must have a horticulturally appropriate planting site, capable of hosting a grove of fruit trees at approximately 12-15 ft. intervals. The minimum number of trees varies from program to program, however, a ballpark minimum is around 15-20 trees. The application of FTPF helps evaluate all the appropriate site factors.
● Recipients must either a) own the planting site, b) have a long-term lease in place, or c) work with a nonprofit or government entity that owns the planting site with a long-term usage agreement in place.
● The orchard must have a reliable source of year-round irrigation nearby.
● Recipients must help coordinate the attendance of local volunteers on planting day. Orchard stewardship is maximized when local volunteers are involved.
● For interested schools, only public schools are eligible at the present time.
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Form: http://www.ftpf.org/application.doc
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh