Donor Name: The Arcus Foundation
Funding name: 2017 International Human Rights Program
Funding brief: The Arcus Foundation periodically issues requests for proposals (RFPs) to ensure its program portfolios remain responsive to new and emerging opportunities within the geographic and thematic scope of its strategy.
Presentation of this RFP in an open competition aims to attract new partners and ideas, in addition to soliciting proposals from existing partners, and enabling the collection and comparison of proposals at one time.
● Proposals based on self-determination: efforts led from within the society or community they seek to influence, managed by applicants with open consultation of and accountability towards local LGBT communities.
● Proposals which include funding for trans-led groups.
● Proposals which include LGBT alliances with other relevant movements for social justice, seeking to integrate SOGI-related advocacy in broader campaigns for the success and safety of SOGI-related activism.
● A majority of the budget to be distributed to sub-grantees or project partners, as opposed to being spent on applicant organization costs.
Deadline: May 15th, 2017
Funding details link: http://www.arcusfoundation.org/apply-for-a-grant/
Funding limit: Arcus will provide annually a maximum of one-third of the applicant’s total LGBTrelated expenditure during its prior fiscal year. For instance, if the applicant’s LGBT related expenditure in the past fiscal year was $100,000, Arcus can consider a request of up to $66,000 for a two-year grant (equivalent to $33,000 per year).
Project start date: Grants approved as a result of the RFP process can start as early as October 1, 2017, and no later than January 1, 2019, and continue for a maximum of two years.
Project duration: 2 Years
Eligible organization: As below
● Legal status: applicants need to be registered legal entities with a charitable purpose.
● Experience: applicants must have at least two years’ experience in the proposed work; those not registered in the US who are applying as intermediaries for re-granting are required to have five years of financial operations.
● Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: applicants must have a board-approved internal policy against employment-related discrimination which specifically includes sexual orientation and gender identity among the nondiscrimination categories.
● Institutional governance: applicants should have procedures to avoid actual and apparent conflicts of interest, and to ensure transparency about decision-making and fiduciary oversight.
● Current Arcus grantees may apply. However, Arcus is unable to award a grant through this initiative while also renewing an existing grant. Please check with program staff, before submitting a proposal.
● An organization may apply only once under this RFP, whether on its own or in partnership.
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Apply: https://arcus.fluxx.io/lois/new?utf8=%E2%9C%93&commit=Submit+Concept
● Guideline: http://beta.arcusfoundation.org.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/IHR2017-Arcus-RFP_final.pdf
● Country Chart: http://www.arcusfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Country-Chart.xlsx
How to apply:
● Interested applicants may apply through the website (https://arcus.fluxx.io/lois/new?utf8=%E2%9C%93&commit=Submit+Concept).
● While this RFP is available only in English, proposals are accepted in English, French, and Spanish. Applicants preselected based on a proposal submitted in French or Spanish will be assisted to draft a final application in English. The assessment will be on the merits of the proposals, regardless of language choice.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh