Donor Name: The Global Confederation of Higher Education Associations for the Agricultural and Life Sciences (GCHERA)
Funding name: The World Agriculture Prize
Funding brief: The Prize aims to encourage the global development of the mission of higher education institutions in education, research and innovation in the agricultural and life sciences by recognizing the distinguished contribution of an individual to this mission. This 50,000 USD prize is awarded annually to an academic/faculty member from a higher education institution working in the disciplines relating to the agricultural and life sciences. The prize is generously sponsored by the Education Development Foundation of Nanjing Agricultural University and Da Bei Nong Group.
The nominee will demonstrate exceptional and significant achievement in his or her engagement in the mission of higher education institutions relating to the agricultural and life sciences – in education, research and innovation. This impact will most likely be demonstrated in the work of the nominee in the development of the institution(s) in which the nominee has served, and in the local and wider geographical region of those institution(s), but not necessarily globally.
Deadline: 17.00 GMT on 26 April 2017
Funding details link: http://www.gchera-wap.org/index.php?tz=Europe/Berlin
Funding limit: 50,000 USD
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
● The World Agriculture Prize will be awarded in 2017 to an academic/faculty member from a higher education institution in recognition of the academic/faculty member’s life time achievements working in the disciplines relating to the agricultural and life sciences. Such disciplines are inclusive of both the natural and social sciences.
● The World Agriculture Prize will be awarded to an academic/faculty member from a higher education institution working in the disciplines relating to the agricultural and life sciences – including but not limited to agriculture, forestry, natural resources, food, bio based products, bioenergy, rural development and the environment. Such disciplines are inclusive of both the natural and social sciences. The World Agriculture Prize will be awarded in recognition of the academic/faculty member’s life time achievements.
● A nominee must be an academic/faculty member of a higher education institution. All submissions must include the date of the nomination and are eligible only for consideration in that year. Individuals who do not receive an award in a given year are eligible for re-nomination. However, a new nomination package must be submitted. Nomination files are not retained by the GCHERA World Agriculture Prize Secretariat for reconsideration in a following year.
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Guideline: http://www.gchera-wap.org/documents/GCHERA_WAP_Nomination_2017_Terms_and_Conditions_17-02-01_1.pdf
How to apply:
● Download the Terms and Conditions (http://www.gchera-wap.org/documents/GCHERA_WAP_Nomination_2017_Terms_and_Conditions_17-02-01_1.pdf) for submitting a nomination for the Prize and register. You will then receive a password by email to allow you to log on to the online nomination form.
● To submit a nomination, please complete the online nomination form (www.gchera-wap.org).
● All statements, letters of support and supporting documents must be submitted in English. If the original language of the additional documents is not English they should be translated into English.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh