Donor Name: The Junior Chamber International (JCI) and SDG Action Campaign
Funding name: The Global Youth Empowerment Fund
Funding brief: The Global Youth Empowerment Fund is an initiative to empower young people around the world to impact their communities by investing in grassroots, community projects. A partnership of JCI and the SDG Action Campaign (formerly the UN Millennium Campaign), the Fund will offer grants, financing and training to youth-led projects and social enterprises that advance the Global Goals for Sustainable Development in local communities around the world.
Preference will be given to projects that demonstrate the following qualities:
● Innovation: The project should represent innovative methods to the problem it seeks to address. Innovation may result from the use of new methods, new models, new technologies, or application of old methods, models or technologies in a new, innovative way.
● Potential for scaling up and/or replication: The program should ideally be feasible on a broad-scale basis and/or be replicable to other social, cultural or geographical settings on a local level or through policy advocacy on the global, regional, or local level.
● Financial Viability: The project must be built on a sound and viable plan either using the JCI Active Citizen Framework and ideally should have the potential to continue beyond the Global Youth Empowerment Fund funding.
Deadline: Requests for Proposal: April 17th, 2017, Full grant application: June 5th, 2017
Funding details link: https://gyefund.fluidreview.com
Funding limit: up to US $5000 grants
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Each organization can apply for up to US $5,000 during a 12-month period.
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: All Projects Must: Be run by one of the following:
● Non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and non-profit private bodies whose activities contribute to the promotion of sustainable development and youth leadership;
Examples include: JCI Local Organization, SDG Action Campaign partners, youth-run registered non-profit
● Public bodies with specific responsibility for the promotion of youth engagement in advancing the Global Goals for Sustainable Development;
● Be created and led by youth between the ages of 18 to 40.
● Demonstrate community impact and project planning criteria in line with the JCI Active Citizen Framework. The JCI Active Citizen Framework is a planning mechanism for community-based organizations to identify their community’s greatest needs and align their projects to the global development agenda creating global impact.
● Adhere to the goals of JCI and SDG Action Campaign in developing grassroots projects that advance at least one of the Global Goals for Sustainable Development through the JCI Active Citizen Framework.
● Include like-minded community partners who agree to support the applicant’s project. Types of partnership can include financial support, in-kind support or marketing and communications support.
● Include plans for organization’s own support of the project, including both financial (e.g. fundraising or sponsorship acquisition) and non-financial (e.g. volunteer hours or in-kind sponsorship) support. The applicant organization is expected to supply at least 50% of the value of the requested funding in their own support.
● Have mechanisms for monitoring and evaluation and follow-up after funding has been dispersed. All funded projects must submit the required project updates and final reports.
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Apply: https://gyefund.fluidreview.com/p/
● JCI Active Citizen Framework (English): https://gyefund.fluidreview.com/pm/resource/eyJoZnJlIjogYWh5eSwgInZxIjogMjk5NTV9/
● FAQ: https://gyefund.fluidreview.com/h/
● SDG Action Campaign: http://www.sdgactioncampaign.org/
How to apply: Applications may submit online through given website (https://gyefund.fluidreview.com/p/)
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh