Donor Name: Women’s Peacepower Foundation, Inc
Award name: Women of Peace Award
Award brief: From the foundation’s beginning in 1998, WPPF’s awards have been given to help make our homes, streets, and schools safer and more peaceful. The awards have been given to selfless, passionate women and girls who are working to promote peace. They receive a small monetary award, a certificate, award necklace, attendance at a workshop on non-profit development and receive technical assistance to help their project grow to reach more people. The purpose of the organization is to encourage grassroots projects to continue their life-saving work. WPPF seeks out small, under-funded peace activism projects. The foundation accepts recommendations for winners of Women of Peace Awards.
The Women of Peace Award recognizes women in the US and other countries that:
● Demonstrate how violence against women and children is at the root of other forms of violence that tear at the fabric of the world
● Hold officials, institutions and governments accountable for their brutality against women and children
● Teach future generations the power of non-violence
Deadline: May 31st, 2017
Award details link: http://www.womenspeacepower.org/awardguidelines.html
Award limit: All Women of Peace nominees will receive a letter telling them about their nomination and a certificate. The recipients will be honored through a small financial contribution, a minimum of $250 made to the non-profit organization of their choice that is working to promote peace.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
● The Women of Peace Awards are designed to recognize individuals that are working on cutting edge programs, or have created new ways of thinking about ending domestic violence or waging peace.
● In keeping with PEACEPOWER goals, we want to publicly recognize women who are working in their communities to improve the lives of battered women and their children. We are looking for everyday ordinary women who are the unsung movers and shakers of the communities in which we live. The kind of person we want to hear about may be a volunteer who initiated a new program, or perhaps your nominee has recognized a need, and worked on creating a solution. Possibly you know of someone who has taken a stand on an important domestic violence issue in the workplace. Nominees do NOT have to be official volunteers or employees of a domestic violence program.
Submission mail: Nominations can be sent to email@example.com .
Other important link:
● Apply: http://www.womenspeacepower.org/women_of_peace_award_nomination_form.htm
How to apply:
● Send a completed nomination form (http://www.womenspeacepower.org/women_of_peace_award_nomination_form.htm) to the WOMEN’S PEACEPOWER FOUNDATION, INC. telling us why you think this person is a candidate to be a Women of Peace. Include information on the types of activities the person has been involved in either through work, or as a volunteer. Please be sure to talk about how you think your Women of Peace nominee has taken action in an area of violence against women or children. Don’t forget to include a contact name, address, and phone number for yourself and your nominee so that they can gather further information.
● Print a copy of the nomination form by following this link. Send your nominations to: Women’s Peacepower Foundation, Inc., P.O. Box 1618, Zephyrhills, FL 33539 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh