Donor Name: The Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute
Award name: The CTFS-ForestGEO Research Grants Program
Award brief: The Research Grants Program of the Center for Tropical Forest Science – Forest Global Earth Observatory (CTFS-ForestGEO) funds research projects associated with the CTFS-ForestGEO network of Forest Dynamics Sites. The program is intended to provide opportunities for senior researchers, postdoctoral fellows, and graduate students to use existing Forest Dynamics Sites and conduct research in collaboration with scientists currently associated with these sites.
Projects supported by the Grants Program: The Grants Program supports research directly tied to CTFS-ForestGEO Forest Dynamics Sites, including projects requiring fieldwork, site data analysis, or the generation of complementary data that strengthens CTFS-ForestGEO programs. Projects can be field-oriented, herbarium- or laboratory-based, or analytical. Research projects can be basic or applied in nature and based around the social or natural sciences. Project duration can range from 3 months to 2 years.
Successful proposals will require the use of CTFS-ForestGEO site data (the site data is integral to the completion of the project). Applicants do not need to be associated with a site prior to applying, but each applicant will need to contact a site Principal Investigator prior to submitting a proposal.
Deadline: 5:00PM EDT, Friday, 28 April 2017
Award details link: http://www.ctfs.si.edu/group/Grants+%26+Training/Grants+Program
Award limit: Research projects ranging from ~$2,000-$15,000 USD.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: Anyone working directly in a CTFS-ForestGEO Forest Dynamics Site, analyzing site data, or generating complementary data that strengthens CTFS-ForestGEO programs is eligible to apply.
Priority will be given to early-career researchers or researchers with less access to other institutional funds. Priority will be given to projects that include multiple sites or include a strong educational component.
In rare cases, highly advanced undergraduate students will be considered. Social scientists and natural scientists are encouraged to apply. Applicants of all nationalities are encouraged to apply.
Submission mail: Not Found
Other important link:
● Apply: https://goo.gl/forms/9Fb4Z4bjn2suzIy02
● Google Format: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfagAVUNova0VZF6nUtNModScU6cOCh83qUs8G-5uJj9fVcKA/viewform?c=0&w=1
How to apply: Applicants must submit two documents following the below guidelines (https://goo.gl/forms/9Fb4Z4bjn2suzIy02 ).
● An online applicant information document through Google Forms (click here to submit).
● One single PDF document with information in the following order:
● Applicant name
● A research proposal (1000-word limit, research proposals that exceed 1000 words will be disqualified). The research proposal should include:
● Description of the proposed research that includes the relevance to one or more of the Forest Dynamics Sites
● Research objectives, including clearly stated hypotheses and expected significance research plan, including detailed methods
● Anticipated outcomes
● Broader significance of the research to the discipline
● How the proposal building scientific capacity through education
● References (not included in the word limit)
● A list of project collaborators. For students and postdoctoral research, this includes an advisor. Host-country collaborators are strongly recommended.
● Proof that the applicant has contacted site Principal Investigators BEFORE submitting a proposal (e.g., through inclusion of email correspondence).
● A Curriculum Vitae (limit 2 pages), including the applicant’s contact information, educational background, current and previous fellowships and grants, and research interests.
● A detailed budget and project timeline. The budget should include all costs related to carrying out the proposed research. See the above Budget Information for expenses that can be included in the proposal. Include a budget justification for any unclear expenses. A timeline with the schedule for proposed research activities should be included.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh