Donor Name: Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan
Award name: The Eleventh Japan International MANGA Award
Award brief: This award spreads MANGA culture overseas and promote international cultural exchanges through MANGA.
Deadline: June 16th 2017
Award details link: http://www.manga-award.mofa.go.jp/info/japan_entry_form_11th_e.html
● The Gold Award of the Eleventh Japan International MANGA Award will be given to the best MANGA work and the Silver Award to three other excellent works.
● The Gold Award and the Silver Award winners will be invited to Japan on the occasion of the award ceremony for around 10 days as a supplementary prize (the fine work winners are not entitled).
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
● Eligible MANGA works need to be composed of more than 16 pages. Both published and unpublished works are eligible to apply, excluding the past winning works of Japan International Manga Awards.
● Eligible MANGA works should be the ones which have been produced within the past three years (2014-2017) from the date of application.
● Eligible MANGA works must be submitted in printed form. (Submission of data might be required later on.)
● Overseas publishing companies can apply to the Eleventh Japan International MANGA Award, upon confirmation from the MANGA artists of submitting their work.
● Either the comic artist or story writer of the submitted work has to be a foreign national. Also the representative who will participate in the invitation program given to the Gold / Silver Award winners must be a foreign national.
● Only one work may be submitted per applicant. Only one work may be accepted under one title (or series).In case that a collection of short stories is to be applied, only one story will be accepted for examination.
Duplicate entries will be invalid.
● For the purpose of publicity, the MANGA Award Executive Committee may upload the winner’s MANGA works (partially) on its website upon obtaining approval from the artists.
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Guideline: http://www.manga-award.mofa.go.jp/albm/guidelines_for_application_11th_e.docx
● Award entry form: http://www.manga-award.mofa.go.jp/albm/international_entry_form_11th.docx
How to apply:
Applications should be sent to either i) or ii) below.
- i) Japanese Embassies or Consulates General (Check online for each address.)
- ii) P.O.Box
MBE15 The Eleventh Japan International MANGA Award Executive Committee, B1F Yuraku-cho bldg. 1-10-1 Yuraku-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN. Postcode: 100-0006
● Two copies of your work must be submitted. (Additional copies may be requested for works being considered for an award.)
● An entry form, filled in either English or Japanese, must be attached to the work. Page numbers must be indicated on every page of the work. If the work is not in the form of a book, it needs to be indicated clearly if there is any specific two-page spread in the work.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh