Donor Name: Oxfam Bangladesh
Fund name: Oxfam Enterprise Development Program
Funding brief: The OXFAM in Bangladesh, EDP is an impact investment programme supports MSMEs, commercially viable with a social or environmental impact strategy to grow their company, create more economic & employment opportunities for marginalized people, youth, and increase their impact.
EDP provides a tailored package facility with an intelligent mix of Technical assistance, Grants and Loan to small & growing rural based enterprises, enabling them to become sustainable and benefited for smallholding farmers to the point where they can stand alone; profitable and able to secure investment from banks or social investors beyond Oxfam. The package includes:
●Financial support– a mix of grants and facilitate loans or bank guarantees appropriate to the size and stage of development of the business
●Technical support– Connecting the business to financial organizations, vital for ongoing sustainability. Training in all aspects of business from technical advice to improving productivity, financial management, sales and marketing, all through a local business mentor.
The main aim is to enable enterprises to become viable businesses and create a culture in which credit can be acquired and businesses thrive in poor agricultural communities, resulting in jobs and opportunities for all.
Deadline: 31 March, 2017
Funding details link: http://hotjobs.bdjobs.com/jobs/oxfam/oxfam332.htm
Budget limit: Not Found
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: The key selection criteria are your social or environmental impact vision and the commercial viability of your business to create economic opportunity
● Be a legal, registered enterprise in Bangladesh, able to demonstrate a minimum of two year or more of revenue-generating operations.
● The business is commercially viable as well as have social highest impact, to create a product or service that helps farmers & women:
● Enterprises with sales turnover BDT 2.5million-25 million in a year
● The enterprise creates economic and job opportunity for marginalized farmer & women
● The enterprise has no adverse environmental impact
● The enterprise creates safe and secured work environment
● The product or service must be a physical, digital or financial asset that targets or benefits farmers or women.
● Preference will be given to
● Businesses must not produce or distribute goods or services that are illegal with the view of law of land such as military equipment, luxury goods, alcohol or tobacco.
● The ventures that participate in the program will comply with all legal requirements and child protection policies of governments of Bangladesh and the ILO
● Agree to comply all legal terms and conditions of OXFAM-EDP
● Be willing to provide materials and references in support of your application should they be requested by OXFAM.
● If selected to join EDP, commit to be contacted and to provide key performance indicators to EDP during the accelerator and for up to three years after completion of your time in the accelerator, to EDP or the Monitoring & Evaluation Partner.
● Businesses owned or controlled by employees of OXFAM, sponsors, contributors or any of their affiliates, as well as the immediate family (spouse parents, siblings, and children) and household members of such employees are not eligible.
● Women & youth led enterprise are especially encouraged to apply.
Submission mail: email@example.com
Other important link:
● Format: https://oxfam.app.box.com/v/EDP
How to apply: Oxfam Bangladesh invites interested entrepreneur/ enterprise for submission of business proposal. Please click here https://oxfam.box.com/v/EDP to download the application template. Interested entrepreneurs or enterprise are requested to submit only soft copy to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please follow the proper procedure. Sending of irrelevant documents will be counted as disqualification.)
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh