Donor Name: Kurita Water and Environment Foundation (KWEF)
Fund name: KWEF Research Grant Program (for Overseas Research)
Funding brief: The KWEF supports scientists in Asian countries who are conducting research in their own countries on the conservation and restoration of water resources, which are defined as oceans, surface water and underground water as well as the areas of land adjacent to them.
Areas of Research Supported: Research subjects related to water environment in the applicant’s country can be applied. Examples of appropriate research subjects are;
● water / wastewater treatment, water quality analysis, sustainability of water environment sanitation, water ecosystem, agricultural water use, industrial wastewater treatment.
● These grants are intended to support academic research.
● Programs aimed primarily at generating business profit will not be adopted.
● Scientist in Asian countries who are conducting research in Japan should apply
“the research grants in Japan” instead of this overseas research program.
Deadline: April 27th, 2017 (Japan standard time)
Funding details link: http://www.kwef.or.jp/en/en_grant.html
Budget limit: Maximum of 300,000 yen per project per year
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: The grant period will be one year, from October 1, 2017 to September 30, 2018.
Eligible organization: As below
● The applicant must reside in Asian countries (except Thailand,Indonesia and Vietnam.）
● The applicant must conduct research at university, college, or associated institute.
● The applicant should be under 40 years old.
● The applicant must submit a recommendation letter of “Japanese researcher” .
● For the researcher applicant in Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam, please refer KARG（KWEF-AIT research grant: http://karg.ait.asia/home/ )
Submission mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other important link:
● Application form: http://www.kwef.or.jp/dl/shin_ov.xls
● Recommendation letter: http://www.kwef.or.jp/en/KWEF%20Recommendation%20letter.docx
How to apply:
● Documents to be submitted
● Application Form for Research Grant in English or Japanese. Download from the bottom of the website (http://www.kwef.or.jp/dl/shin_ov.xls ).
● Recommendation letter of Japanese Researcher (A4 size one sheet). Download for recommendation letter form the website(http://www.kwef.or.jp/en/KWEF%20Recommendation%20letter.docx ).
● Send the package to the email address: email@example.com (Subject: KWEF Research Grant Program 2015)
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh